Evening News may refer to:
In television news:
- CBS Evening News, an American news broadcast
- JNN Evening News, a Japanese news broadcast
- Evening News, an alternate name for News Hour (Canadian news program) in some broadcasting regions
- ITV News at 6:30 (previously ITV Evening News), a UK news broadcast
- Evening News (London), an evening newspaper published in London from 1881 to 1980, when it merged with the Evening Standard
- The Evening News (Jeffersonville), a daily newspaper serving Jeffersonville and Clark County, Indiana
- The Evening News (Sault Ste. Marie), local newspaper in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- The Evening News (Newburgh), a daily newspaper published in Newburgh from 1961 to 1990
- Cambridge Evening News, a British daily newspaper
- Edinburgh Evening News, a local newspaper based in Edinburgh, Scotland
- London Evening News, a newspaper that was first published in 1855
- Manchester Evening News, an English daily newspaper
- Norwich Evening News, a daily local newspaper published in Norwich, Norfolk, England
- Southbridge Evening News, a daily newspaper in Southbridge, Massachusetts
- Xinmin Evening News, a newspaper in Shanghai, China
- Yanzhao Evening News, a tabloid newspaper published in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China
In other uses:
- "The Evening News" (Chamillionaire song), a song from the album Ultimate Victory
- The Evening News (novel), a 1990 novel by Arthur Hailey
Other articles related to "evening news, news, evening, new":
1994 1939 ... Express Star (Wolverhampton) 113,174 217,000 149,000 Manchester Evening News 90,973 214,000 331,000 250,000 Liverpool Echo 85,463 173,000 236,00 ...
... ATV Evening News (6 p.m ... newscast 1972–2005) ATV Late Evening News (11 p.m ... newscast 1972–mid 1980s) ATV News Nightside (11 p.m ...
... Kirby became editor of the London daily, the Evening News in 1974, and completed its transformation from broadsheet to tabloid ... Negotiations to merge the Evening News with its competitor, the Evening Standard began in 1976, but failed to make progress due to a dispute over who should edit a merged paper ... Circulation of the Evening News continued to fall under Kirby's editorship, and in 1979, the paper stopped publishing a Saturday edition ...
... by William Farrow Taylor as the Cambridge Daily News in 1888, and after a slow start saw sales rise as an appetite for knowledge of the news and sports grew among the Cambridge public ... Newmarket Road they continued to turn the paper into a profit-making business under the new name of the Cambridge Evening News, starting in 1969 ... The current owners are Iliffe News and Media ...
Famous quotes containing the words news and/or evening:
“News is what a chap who doesnt care much about anything wants to read. And its only news until hes read it. After that its dead.”
—Evelyn Waugh (19031966)
“As a man grows older, his ability to sit still and follow indoor occupations increases. He grows vespertinal in his habits as the evening of life approaches, till at last he comes forth only just before sundown, and gets all the walk that he requires in half an hour.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)