- Lill Lindfors had a wardrobe malfunction (though technically, this is a misnomer, as the stunt was deliberate) as she was walking onstage for the voting session. As she walked on stage, her skirt fell off, leaving her with just her underpants on below. After a few moments of pretending to be shocked, Lindfors removed the parts of her dress hidden inside itself, so that the full dress was visible afterwards.
- This was Norway's first victory, since first participating in the contest since 1960, and coming in last place at the 1963, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1978, and 1981 contests. The presenter Lill Lindfors commented with "Norway has come last so many times, so I really think you deserve this".
- The original choice of Belgian entry was "Vannacht" performed by Mireille Capelle. A dispute concerning the lyric of the song was responsible for its withdrawal.
- UK backing vocals were provided by Sue and Sunny. They had previously done the same job for Lulu in 1969 and Joy Fleming in 1975.
- UK commentator Terry Wogan was too ill to attend the contest in Sweden and instead provided commentary from London.
Read more about this topic: Eurovision Song Contest 1985
Other articles related to "trivia":
... When he was hosting American Top 40, Kasem would often include trivia facts about songs he played and artists whose work he showcased ... Frequently, he would mention a trivia fact about an unnamed singer before a commercial break, and then provide the name of the singer after returning from the ...
... The Great Midwest Trivia Contest, or Midwest Trivia Contest, is held each year in Appleton, Wisconsin, broadcast over Lawrence University's radio station, WLFM ... It has a claim as the longest-running college bowl trivia contest ... Beginning with Trivia XLI in 2006, the contest went to a webcast-only format after WLFM ceased FM broadcasting ...
... official website featured a difficult Beatles trivia quiz - devised by Deezen himself - with a $100 prize for anyone who could answer all the questions correctly ... As of May 2011, Deezen is a contributing writer for trivia magazine mental_floss, where most of his articles pertain to facts on The Beatles and their members ... As of July of 2012, he also writes for the trivia website TodayIFoundOut.com ...
Famous quotes containing the word trivia:
“The most refined skills of color printing, the intricate techniques of wide-angle photography, provide us pictures of trivia bigger and more real than life. We forget that we see trivia and notice only that the reproduction is so good. Man fulfils his dream and by photographic magic produces a precise image of the Grand Canyon. The result is not that he adores nature or beauty the more. Instead he adores his cameraand himself.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)
“Pop artists deal with the lowly trivia of possessions and equipment that the present generation is lugging along with it on its safari into the future.”
—J.G. (James Graham)