Ernest Mario School Of Pharmacy
The Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy (EMSOP) is a constituent of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. It was founded in 1892 as the New Jersey College of Pharmacy in Newark, NJ and merged with Rutgers University in 1927 as the Rutgers College of Pharmacy. In 1971, the school moved to its current location. In 2003, the school was renamed as the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy in recognition of Ernest Mario's contributions to the pharmaceutical industry and the school.
The school is currently located in William Levine Hall on Busch Campus in Piscataway, NJ. Construction on William Levine Hall was completed in 1971 and is now where all departmental, admissions, and deans offices are located with the exception of some faculty members who may have offices in other buildings and on the other New Brunswick campuses.
Enrollment is currently around 1100+ students with incoming freshmen classes of around 250 students. EMSOP admits students directly from high school into a 6 year Pharm D. curriculum with the exception of transfer students who fill vacated spots left by students who leave the school in the beginning of the 3rd year.
As a technicality, EMSOP does not offer and M.S. or PhD degrees in Pharmacy. Rather, students wishing to pursue these degrees are actually enrolled in Rutgers' "Graduate School-New Brunswick." However, classes and research are pursued with the graduate faculty of the School of Pharmacy.
The Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy is currently accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Other articles related to "ernest mario school of pharmacy":
... Colaizzi as a project co-piloted by Rutgers University’s Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy and two pharmaceutical companies ...
Famous quotes containing the word school:
“The most powerful lessons about ethics and morality do not come from school discussions or classes in character building. They come from family life where people treat one another with respect, consideration, and love.”
—Neil Kurshan (20th century)