Selected Honors and Awards
- 2008 The Gore resolution (HJR712) passed by the Tennessee House of Representatives which honors Gore's "efforts to curb global warming."
- 2007 Gothenburg Prize for Sustainable Development
- 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) (environment)
- 2007 International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences: Founders Award for Current TV and for work in the area of global warming
- 2007 Prince of Asturias Award in Spain (environment)
- 2007 The Sir David Attenborough Award for Excellence in Nature Filmmaking (environment)
- 2006 Quill Awards: History/current events/politics, An Inconvenient Truth
Read more about this topic: Environmental Activism Of Al Gore
Other articles related to "selected honors and awards, award, awards, selected":
1993 First Annual Cisco Systems Circle Award "In recognition of his visionary leadership in building global awareness of computer networking through the ...
... University and College Awards William Paterson University's campus radio station, WPSC 88.7 FM, was named the Best College/University Station (with more ... In addition, the station won eight more awards including first place in the categories of Best Talk Program and Best News Interview ... of the Year 2011, and took the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System's (IBS) Golden Microphone Award for Programming Excellence, and Bronze Microphone for programming operations ...
... Samuel Hardy Award - The International Tennis Hall of Fame annually presents the Samuel Hardy Award to a USTA volunteer in recognition of long and outstanding ... The award is presented at the USTA Annual Meeting ... The honorees are selected by a committee appointed by the chairman of the International Tennis Hall of Fame ...
Famous quotes containing the words selected and/or honors:
“She was so overcome by the splendor of his achievement that she took him into the closet and selected a choice apple and delivered it to him, along with an improving lecture upon the added value and flavor a treat took to itself when it came without sin through virtuous effort. And while she closed with a Scriptural flourish, he hooked a doughnut.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)