Emirdağ has long had a rich folk culture and has given us many folk songs (türkü) and singers including in the 20th century...
- Aşık Yoksul Derviş - poet and folk singer, and his nephew....
- Kubat - popular singer specialising in a hybrid of Turkish folk music with electronic instruments. He was brought up in Belgium of an Emirdağ family.
Other famous Emirdağ people include...
- Azra Akın - Miss World 2002, brought up in the Netherlands of an Emirdağ family.
- Tevfik Başer - film director
- Fikret Akin - Retired teacher, researcher of local folkloric culture, poet. He has 7 poem books of himself and he is working on writing a book about local Emirdag's foods.
- Bülent Akın - Footballer who has played for Turkish giants Galatasaray and English club Bolton Wanderers
- Yüksel Önaçan - Retired school principal, Journalist-Author-Poet
- Fuat Çapa - Belgian-Turkish football manager.
- Cemal Çavdarlı - Former Belgian member of Parliament
Read more about this topic: Emirdağ
Other articles related to "notable natives, natives, notable":
... This is an incomplete list of notable natives and residents of the Las Vegas metropolitan area which includes Las Vegas, Nevada ... Natives are individuals born in the Las Vegas metropolitan area ... Non-natives are people who play or played a notable role in the history of Las Vegas or the Las Vegas metropolitan area while residing here ...
Famous quotes containing the words natives and/or notable:
“If a foreign country doesnt look like a middle-class suburb of Dallas or Detroit, then obviously the natives must be dangerous as well as badly dressed.”
—Lewis H. Lapham (b. 1935)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)