Various taxonomic subdivisions of this species have been proposed. Moreover, it is assigned to various genera (Elymus, Elytrigium, Agropyron). In a recent classification, three subspecies are distinguished, one of these with an additional variety:
- Elytrigia repens subsp. repens. Throughout most of the range of the species.
- Elytrigia repens subsp. repens var. repens. Awns usually absent or if present, very short.
- Elytrigia repens subsp. repens var. aristata (Döll) P.D.Sell. Awns present, up to 15 mm long.
- Elytrigia repens subsp. elongatiformis (Drobow) Tzvelev (syn. Elytrigia elongatiformis (Drobow) Nevski). Central and southwestern Asia, far southeastern Europe (Ukraine).
- Elytrigia repens subsp. longearistata N. R. Cui. Western China (Xinjiang).
Hybrids are recorded with several related grasses, including Elytrigia juncea (Elytrigia × laxa (Fr.) Kerguélen), Elytrigia atherica (Elytrigia × drucei Stace), and with the barley species Hordeum secalinum (× Elytrordeum langei (K. Richt.) Hyl.).
Read more about this topic: Elymus Repens
Other articles related to "taxonomy":
... The 1938 USDA soil taxonomy was a soil classification system adopted by the United States Department of Agriculture, now obsolete ... See USDA soil taxonomy for the current system ...
... or classes) in a hierarchy that more or less satisfy the criteria for being a true taxonomy ... Taxonomy, or categorization, in the human cognition has been a major area of research in psychology ... Baraminology is a taxonomy used in creation science which in classifying form taxa resembles folk taxonomies ...
... With better remains from Hadrosaurus, he began to reconsider his taxonomy, and suggested, at least informally, that Trachodon should refer to the double-rooted ... Bone Wars that followed, and their wake, the taxonomy of Trachodon and its relatives became increasingly confusing, with one author going so far as to sink all known ...