Elk Island may refer to:
- Elk Island (electoral district), a federal electoral district in the province of Alberta, Canada
- Elk Island National Park, Alberta, Canada
- Elk Island (Richland County, Montana), an island in the Yellowstone River
- Elk Island (Flathead County, Montana), an island in Hungry Horse Reservoir
- A fictional island motif used in cartoon television series Hey Arnold! and Arthur.
Other articles related to "elk island, elk":
... Elk Island Airport, (TC LID CKZ3), is located adjacent to Elk Island, Manitoba, Canada ...
... Mud Lake, Elk Island Improvement District, Alberta. 53°36′00″N 112°51′00″W / 53.6°N 112.85°W / 53.6 -112.85 (Mud Lake-Elk Island Park) This lake is located within the Elk Island National Park of ...
... True to its roots, Elk Island National Park still maintains a thriving elk population, estimated at 605 in 2007, as well as around 300 moose and over 500 deer ... programme which is now seeing mating pairs returning to Elk Island, raising hope for a sustainable population ... Elk Island National Park also remains a seed herd for repopulation efforts in other areas ...
Famous quotes containing the word island:
“We crossed a deep and wide bay which makes eastward north of Kineo, leaving an island on our left, and keeping to the eastern side of the lake. This way or that led to some Tomhegan or Socatarian stream, up which the Indian had hunted, and whither I longed to go. The last name, however, had a bogus sound, too much like sectarian for me, as if a missionary had tampered with it; but I knew that the Indians were very liberal. I think I should have inclined to the Tomhegan first.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)