Fleet and Operations
Egged Ta'avura operates routes in the areas of El'ad, Ashdod, Netanya, Ashkelon and the Northern Negev as well as the express routes between Tel Aviv and Be'er Sheva. The company was also slated to operate routes in Beitar Illit, but failed talks with the Illit bus company resulted Illit taking over the transportation in the city. It has a fleet of about 650 buses, of which about 220 are used for public transport. Originally, its fleet was entirely rented from Egged on a one-year contract, until it was able to buy new European buses. The rented fleet was mostly transferred to Egged's service in Jerusalem.
The bus routes operated by Egged Ta'avura are:
- All intracity service in Ashdod (since 2007)
- All intracity service in Ashkelon
- All intracity service in Kiryat Gat
- Intracity service in Netanya
- All intracity service in Sderot (route 1), Netivot (routes 1, 2), Ofakim (routes 1, 2) and Kiryat Mal'akhi (routes 1, 2)
- Regional service connecting Ashkelon, Kiryat Gat, Sderot, Netivot, Ofakim and Be'er Sheva between themselves and to smaller communities in the north-western Negev region
- Route 372 from Tel Aviv to Ofakim (Only on Fridays)
- Route 376 from Tel Aviv to Tze'elim via Kiryat Gat, Castina Junction (Malakhi Junction), & Ofakim
- Route 379 from Tel Aviv to the Eshkol Regional Council
- Both direct routes from Tel Aviv to Be'er Sheva: route 370 from the CBS and route 380 from the Arlozorov Terminal (these route are shared by Egged Ta'avura and Metropoline with each company running about one half of the buses)
- Intracity and intercity service in El'ad, including routes to Tel Aviv, Bnei Brak, Petah Tikva, Rosh HaAyin, Kiryat Sefer, Jerusalem and Ashdod
Read more about this topic: Egged Ta'avura
Other articles related to "fleet, operations, fleet and operations":
... pilot qualification training for Air Group 14 and fleet exercises along the California coast ... Caldwell, Commander, Carrier Division Two, to join the Seventh Fleet ... Air operations off Okinawa were followed by maneuvers with SEATO naval units out of Subic Bay ...
400,000 by the end of March 1946, all United States Seventh Fleet shipping was released from repatriation ... Over 50 percent of the total Japanese repatriation fleet, with a capacity of 100,000 spaces supplemented US shipping ...
... Gunnery exercises doubled the fleet's accuracy ... However, the mission also underlined the fleet's dependence on foreign colliers and the need for coaling stations and auxiliary ships for coaling and resupply ...
... closer collaboration with the surface fleet than the Navy's existing classes, which had been designed primarily for coastal defense ... These notional "fleet" submarines would necessarily be larger and better armed, but primarily, they would need a surface speed of some 21 kn (24 mph 39 km/h) to be able to maneuver with the battleships and ... Spear, proposed two preliminary fleet-boat designs for consideration in the Navy's 1914 program ...
Famous quotes containing the words operations and/or fleet:
“There is a patent office at the seat of government of the universe, whose managers are as much interested in the dispersion of seeds as anybody at Washington can be, and their operations are infinitely more extensive and regular.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“They ... fleet the time carelessly, as they did in the golden world.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)