List of Works
- Iambicum Trimetrum
- 1569: Jan van der Noodt's A theatre for Worldlings, including poems translated into English by Spenser from French sources, published by Henry Bynneman in London
- 1579: The Shepheardes Calender, published under the pseudonym "Immerito" (entered into the Stationers' Register in December)
- The Faerie Queene, Books 1–3
- Complaints, Containing sundrie small Poemes of the Worlds Vanitie (entered into the Stationer's Register in 1590), includes:
- "The Ruines of Time"
- "The Teares of the Muses"
- "Virgil's Gnat"
- "Prosopopoia, or Mother Hubberds Tale"
- "Ruines of Rome: by Bellay"
- "Muiopotmos, or the Fate of the Butterflie"
- "Visions of the worlds vanitie"
- "The Visions of Bellay"
- "The Visions of Petrarch"
- Axiochus, a translation of a pseudo-Platonic dialogue from the original Ancient Greek; published by Cuthbert Burbie; attributed to "Edw: Spenser" but the attribution is uncertain
- Daphnaïda. An Elegy upon the death of the noble and vertuous Douglas Howard, Daughter and heire of Henry Lord Howard, Viscount Byndon, and wife of Arthure Gorges Esquier (published in London in January, according to one source; another source gives 1591 as the year)
- Amoretti and Epithalamion, containing:
- Astrophel. A Pastorall Elegie vpon the death of the most Noble and valorous Knight, Sir Philip Sidney.
- Colin Clouts Come home againe
- Four Hymns (poem)|Fowre Hymnes dedicated from the court at Greenwich; published with the second edition of Daphnaida
- The Faerie Queene, Books 4–6
- 1609: Two Cantos of Mutabilitie published together with a reprint of The Fairie Queene
- 1611: First folio edition of Spenser's collected works
- 1633: A vewe of the present state of Irelande a prose treatise on the reformation of Ireland, first published in James Ware's Ancient Irish Chronicles (Spenser's work was entered into the Stationer's Register in 1598 and circulated in manuscript but not published until it was included in this work of Ware's)
Read more about this topic: Edmund Spenser
Other articles related to "list of, list, lists":
... included in this family can be viewed on the following three pages List of Mimosoideae genera List of Caesalpinioideae genera List of Faboideae genera ...
... This is a list of sculptors - notable people who are known for their three-dimensional artistic creations (this can include artists who use sound and light) ... This list is incomplete ...
... Marge has been ranked highly in lists of the top television mothers of all time ... She was ranked first on Entertainment Weekly's list in 1994 first on Fox News' list in 2005 eighth on CityNews' list in 2008 and was included in Time's list of the "10 ... Marge was one of the 12 moms chosen by users of iVillage on their list of "Mommy Dearest The TV Moms You Love" ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of, works and/or list:
“Do your children view themselves as successes or failures? Are they being encouraged to be inquisitive or passive? Are they afraid to challenge authority and to question assumptions? Do they feel comfortable adapting to change? Are they easily discouraged if they cannot arrive at a solution to a problem? The answers to those questions will give you a better appraisal of their education than any list of courses, grades, or test scores.”
—Lawrence Kutner (20th century)
“Only the more uncompromising of the mystics still seek for knowledge in a silent land of absolute intuition, where the intellect finally lays down its conceptual tools, and rests from its pragmatic labors, while its works do not follow it, but are simply forgotten, and are as if they never had been.”
—Josiah Royce (18551916)
“Sheathey call him Scholar Jack
Went down the list of the dead.
Officers, seamen, gunners, marines,
The crews of the gig and yawl,
The bearded man and the lad in his teens,
—Joseph I. C. Clarke (18461925)