- Spencer Abraham: former US Senator and Secretary of Energy under President George W. Bush.
- Joel Higgins: actor who graduated from Michigan State University.
- Robert D. Alexander: public policy activist.
- Chuck Bullough: former NFL Player and current Defensive coordinator for UCLA.
- Jim Cash: screenwriter of films such as Top Gun, Legal Eagles, Dick Tracy, and Anaconda, was a long-time resident of East Lansing and a professor at MSU. Born in Boyne City, MI.
- Magic Johnson: Basketball Hall of Famer and current owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Born in Lansing, MI.
- Richard Lenski: evolutionary biologist at MSU, winner of MacArthur Fellowship (1996), Guggenheim Fellow (1991).
- Malcolm X: lived in the Urbandale neighborhood in Lansing Township, a short distance west of East Lansing, and wrote about his East Lansing experiences in his autobiography.
- Todd Martin: tennis pro. 1988 graduate of ELHS.
- Julie Mehretu: graduate of ELHS, artist, and recipient of MacArthur Fellowship ("genius award") (2005).
- Ryan Miller: Hobey Baker winner at MSU, NHL goalie for the Buffalo Sabres, an NHL All-Star in 2007, and goalie for the U.S. hockey team in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Drew Miller: Wing player for the Detroit Red Wings. Brother of Ryan Miller.
- Larry Page: CEO and co-founder of Google Inc. and the 13th richest person in America in 2012 according to Forbes.
- Wally Pleasant, comedic folk singer.
- Ben Poquette: NBA basketball player.
- Susan May Pratt: actress.
- Nate Silver: statistician-journalist; named one of "The World's 100 Most Influential People" by TIME Magazine.
- The Verve Pipe: post-grunge band.
- Roy Zimmerman: Composer, music educator (Italy)
Read more about this topic: East Lansing, Michigan
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“He hates chess. He says it is a foolish expedient for making idle people believe they are doing something clever when they are only wasting their time.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)