Early Intervention Services
The following is a list of what early intervention can provide:
- Assisting technology devices and services - equipment and services that are used to improve or maintain the abilities of a child to participate in such activities as playing, communication, eating or moving.
- Audiology - identifying and providing services for children with hearing loss and prevention of hearing loss.
- Family training - services provided by qualified personnel to assist the family in understanding the special needs of the child and in promoting the child’s development.
- Medical services - only for diagnostic or evaluation purposes.
- Nursing services - assessment of health status of the child for the purpose of providing nursing care, and provision of nursing care to prevent health problems, restore and improve functioning, and promote optimal health and development. This may include administering medications, treatments, and other procedures prescribed by licensed physician.
- Nutrition services - services that help address the nutritional needs of children that include identifying feeding skills, feeding problems, food habits, and food preferences.
- Occupational therapy - services that relate to self-help skills, adaptive behavior and play, and sensory, motor, and postural development.
- Physical therapy - services to prevent or lessen movement’s difficulties and related functional problems.
- Psychological services - administering and interpreting psychological tests and information about a child’s behavior and child and family conditions related to learning, mental health and development as well as planning services including counseling, consultation, parent training, and education programs.
- Service coordination - someone who works in partnership with the family by providing assistance and services that help the family to coordinate and obtain their rights under the Early Intervention Program and services agreed upon in the IFSP.
- Social work services - preparing an assessment of the social and emotional strengths and needs of a child and family, and providing individual or group services such as counseling or family training.
- Special instruction - includes designing learning environments and activities that promote the child’s development, providing families with information, skills, and support to enhance the child’s development.
- Speech-language pathology - services for children with delay in communication skills or with motor skills such as weakness of muscles around the mouth or swallowing.
- Vision services - identification of children with visual disorders or delays and providing services and training to those children.
Read more about this topic: Early Childhood Intervention
Other articles related to "early intervention services, service, early intervention, services":
... All infants/toddlers (and their families) eligible for early intervention services under Part C of IDEA are guaranteed the right to service coordination at no ... An initial service coordinator is assigned to a family upon referral, however, the family has the right of choice and may change service coordinators at any time ... Under IDEA, the service coordinator serves as a single point of contact ...
... Under current regulations, Early Intervention services cease when a child turns 3 years old ... Instead, Early Intervention children are required on their 3rd birthday to attend a Special Education Preschool that is run by the Hawaii Department of Education ... with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) allows States to Extend Early Intervention services to eligible children who are between 3 and 5 years of age ...
... An Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) is a strengths-based plan of care for the infant/toddler with a developmental delay or disability ... IFSP is similar to an IEP in that it addresses specific services, who will provide them and when/where, how often, etc ... All infants and toddlers receiving early intervention services under Part C of IDEA are required to have an IFSP in order to receive services ...
Famous quotes containing the words services, early and/or intervention:
“I see this evident, that we willingly accord to piety only the services that flatter our passions.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“It is not too much to say that next after the passion to learn there is no quality so indispensable to the successful prosecution of science as imagination. Find me a people whose early medicine is not mixed up with magic and incantations, and I will find you a people devoid of all scientific ability.”
—Charles Sanders Peirce (18391914)
“I was curious, I was avid to know only what I found more real than myself, that which allowed me to glimpse the thoughts of a great genius, or the force or grace of nature left to its own devices, without the intervention of man.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)