- Doris, mother of Antipater (son of Herod I)
- Doris (mythology) of Greek mythology, daughter of Oceanus and Tethys
- Doris (singer), a Swedish rock and pop singer
- Doris and Mabel (Shrek), fictional characters in the Shrek film series
- Doris Day
- Doris Leuthard, member of the Swiss Federal Council and head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs of Switzerland (since 2006)
- Doris Miller, the first African American to be awarded the Navy Cross
- Doris Roberts, an American actress famous for playing Marie Barone, mother of Raymond Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond
- Doris Dragović, a Yugoslav and Croatian pop singer
- Ennio Doris, an Italian billionaire
Read more about this topic: Doris
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist ...
... for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... Schwarzenegger said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“Lots of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the warfor killing people. We received ours for entertaining other people. Id say we deserve ours more.”
—John Lennon (19401980)
“Good people get cheated, just as good horses get ridden.”
“Providing for ones family as a good husband and father is a water-tight excuse for making money hand over fist. Greed may be a sin, exploitation of other people might, on the face of it, look rather nasty, but who can blame a man for doing the best for his children?”
—Eva Figes (b. 1932)