Signs and Symptoms
A colony which has collapsed from CCD is generally characterized by all of these conditions occurring simultaneously:
- Presence of capped brood in abandoned colonies. Bees normally will not abandon a hive until the capped brood have all hatched.
- Presence of food stores, both honey and bee pollen:
- i. which are not immediately robbed by other bees
- ii. which when attacked by hive pests such as wax moth and small hive beetle, the attack is noticeably delayed.
- Presence of the queen bee. If the queen is not present, the hive died because it was queenless, which is not considered CCD.
Precursor symptoms that may arise before the final colony collapse are:
- Insufficient workforce to maintain the brood that is present
- Workforce seems to be made up of young adult bees
- The colony members are reluctant to consume provided feed, such as sugar syrup and protein supplement.
Read more about this topic: Colony Collapse Disorder
Other articles related to "signs, sign, signs and symptoms":
... Road signs in the United Kingdom conform broadly to European norms, though a number of signs are unique and direction signs omit European route numbers ... There is a vast range of signs in use on British roads, from directional sign posts, to signs warning of possible hazards ahead, and regulatory signs instructing ...
... For this reason, British road signs no longer use all capital letters ... and a special font was designed for motorway signs ... See Road signs in the United Kingdom ...
... In antique papyri, pentagrams, together with stars and other signs, are frequently found on amulets bearing the Jewish names of God, and used to guard against fever and other diseases ... Curiously the hexagram is not found among these signs. 31, 112) at Paris and London there are twenty-two signs side by side, and a circle with twelve signs, but neither a pentagram nor a hexagram ...
... As the nodules age, they become bluish purple, brownish, yellowish, and finally green, similar to the color changes that occur in a resolving bruise ... The nodules usually subside over a period of 2–6 weeks without ulceration or scarring ...
... Anovulation is usually associated with specific symptoms ... However, it is important to note that they are not necessarily all displayed simultaneously ...
Famous quotes containing the words signs and, symptoms and/or signs:
“For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles...”
—Bible: New Testament, 1 Corinthians 1:22-3.
“For anyone addicted to reading commonplace books ... finding a good new one is much like enduring a familiar recurrence of malaria, with fever, fits of shaking, strange dreams. Unlike a truly paludismic ordeal, however, the symptoms felt while savoring a collection of one mans pet quotations are voluptuously enjoyable ...”
—M.F.K. Fisher (19081992)
“One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.”
—Virginia Woolf (18821941)