The school is composed of four main buildings:
The Main Pavilion (Pavillon Sainte-Anne) is the eldest of the four, built of stones extracted from the nearby Lachine Canal as early as 1861. The building has the shape of the letter E and is divided in three counterparts. The building is famous for its architectural features such as the large dome which can be seen from miles away. The central wing is a library with many technological features such as iPads and eBooks. The rest of the building is divided on either side of the chapel. On the West side of the chapel lies the Convent which is currently being renovated to house the Collégial Sainte-Anne, for students continuing their post-secondary studies at the school. The East side of the chapel is part of the secondary school and is used by students from secondary II to IV, each level on their own floor. However, the fifth floor is open to all students and is divided into a large study hall, two art rooms and two science labs. The building's main features are: the principal and administration offices, two conference rooms and a small auditorium, four science labs, a small cafeteria, the agora, the study hall, the BiblioTEC and the art rooms. This building is linked to the sports complex by an underground tunnel which crosses Lachine's 12th avenue.
The Pavilion Marie-Esther, is home to the secondary I students. It is named after Sister Marie-Esther Blondin, one of the founding sisters and former headmistress of the school and was founded in 1988. This building's main features are: a 500 seat auditorium (Salle Jeanine-Serres)along with one out of the school's two music rooms with individual cubicles, a cafeteria and a science lab. The third floor of the PME is linked to the fourth floor of the sports complex by an interior walkway.
The Sports Complex is the centerpiece of the schools four buildings. Located between the 11th and 12th avenues and adjacent to the PME, it rises on four floors. The three bottom floors are occupied by the schools sports facilities, however the fourth floor (Pavillon Roger-Gauvin) is exclusive to the secondary V students and holds the name of the former headmaster of the school. This building's main features are: On the lower level; a semi-olympic swimming pool with 1m and 3m diving boards along with a gymnasium, a music room, a classroom for Académie Sports et Arts Élite, a dance hall and a student lounge. On the second floor; another dance hall and a gymnastics palestra with two olympic trampolines, parallel and asymmetric bars, a tumble track, rode floor, vault, pommel horse and balance beams. On the third floor; a third dance hall, a double gymnasium with rock climbing wall, a gym with cardio machines and weight training, the student cafeteria with a panoramic view on the Lachine Canal and the St-Lawrence River.
The fourth and smallest building is the former school library. As of 2011, it will be transformed into a larger cardio gym since this library will be replaced by the larger BiblioTEC.
Read more about this topic: Collège Sainte-Anne De Lachine
Other articles related to "architecture":
... Cubism formed an important link between early-twentieth-century art and architecture is widely accepted ... and socio-political relationships between avant-garde practices in painting, sculpture and architecture had early ramifications in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Czechoslovakia ... Though there are many points of intersection between Cubism and architecture, only a few direct links between them can be drawn ...
... Information architecture (IA) is the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability ... and community of practice focused on bringing together principles of design and architecture to the digital landscape ...
... He subsequently studied architecture in 1825 at the University of Munich under Friedrich von Gärtner. 1830 and 1833 he travelled to Italy and Greece in order to study the architecture and designs of antiquity ... den Alten (Preliminary Remarks on Polychrome Architecture and Sculpture in Antiquity), in which he took a strong position in favor of polychromy - supported by his investigation of pigments on the ...
... The principal advantage of the pure Harvard architecture—simultaneous access to more than one memory system—has been reduced by modified Harvard processors using modern CPU ... Relatively pure Harvard architecture machines are used mostly in applications where tradeoffs, such as the cost and power savings from omitting caches, outweigh the programming penalties from having distinct code ... (SRAM) memory, with no cache, and take advantage of the Harvard architecture to speed processing by concurrent instruction and data access ...
... – May 15, 1879) was a German architect, art critic, and professor of architecture, who designed and built the Semper Opera House in Dresden between 1838 and 1841 ... Semper wrote extensively about the origins of architecture, especially in his book The Four Elements of Architecture from 1851, and he was one of the major figures in the controversy surrounding ...
Famous quotes containing the word architecture:
“For it is not metres, but a metre-making argument, that makes a poem,a thought so passionate and alive, that, like the spirit of a plant or an animal, it has an architecture of its own, and adorns nature with a new thing.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before.”
—Audre Lorde (19341992)
“In short, the building becomes a theatrical demonstration of its functional ideal. In this romanticism, High-Tech architecture is, of course, no different in spiritif totally different in formfrom all the romantic architecture of the past.”
—Dan Cruickshank (b. 1949)