Clover Hill Tavern

The Clover Hill Tavern with its guest house and slave quarters are structures within the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park. They were registered in the National Park Service's database of Official Structures on June 26, 1989.

Read more about Clover Hill Tavern:  History, Historical Significance, Physical Description, Guest House and Kitchen, Clover Hill Tavern Slave Quarters

Other articles related to "clover hill tavern, tavern, clover hill":

Clover Hill Tavern Slave Quarters
... The Clover Hill Tavern slave quarters is a single-story frame cabin with an attic that was originally constructed in 1819 ... The slave quarters contributes to the Tavern and the Clover Hill village scene as it was at the time of the surrender of General Lee to General Grant in 1865 ...
Appomattox Court House National Historical Park - History of The Village
... The antebellum village started out as "Clover Hill" named after its oldest existing structure, the Clover Hill Tavern (c ... was the site of organizational meetings and in 1845 the village of Clover Hill was chosen as the new county seat of Appomattox ... The activity in Clover Hill centered around Clover Hill Tavern ...

Famous quotes containing the words tavern, clover and/or hill:

    The tavern will compare favorably with the church. The church is the place where prayers and sermons are delivered, but the tavern is where they are to take effect, and if the former are good, the latter cannot be bad.
    Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)

    To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,—
    Emily Dickinson (1830–1886)

    It breaks his heart that kings must murder still,
    That all his hours of travail here for men
    Seem yet in vain. And who will bring white peace
    That he may sleep upon his hill again?
    Vachel Lindsay (1879–1931)