- Founded by a small group of Beverly Hills entrepreneurs in 1954 (one being Irving Klein).
- Expanded to Northern California in 2000 with the purchase of The Pacific Bank, followed by the acquisition of Oakland-based Civic BanCorp in 2002.
- Opened an office in New York City in 2002 to serve California clients who do business on both coasts and prospective clients in Manhattan.
- Ranked among America's top companies by sales, profits, assets and market value in Forbes magazine's "Super 500" list (2002 and 2003).
- Recognized by Barron's as one of America's top wealth managers five years in a row (2001 - 2005).
- Has an established relationship with many entertainment industry clients. Deals with many exclusive and premier clients from various media: television, film, theater, arts.
In mid-2011, the bank opened a branch in Nashville, Tennessee to maintain "position as the premier bank to America’s entertainment industry.”
Read more about this topic: City National Bank (California)
Other articles related to "history":
... The history of computing is longer than the history of computing hardware and modern computing technology and includes the history of methods intended for pen and paper or for chalk and slate, with ...
... The Skeptical School of early Chinese history, started by Gu Jiegang in the 1920s, was the first group of scholars within China to seriously question the traditional story of its early history "the later the time ... early Chinese history is a tale told and retold for generations, during which new elements were added to the front end" ...
... some form or another has been seen in almost every society in history ... to Napoleon's France and Elizabethan England, much of history is filled with stories of entertainment based on games of chance ... In American history, early gambling establishments were known as saloons ...
... History of Charles XII, King of Sweden (1731) The Age of Louis XIV (1751) The Age of Louis XV (1746–1752) Annals of the Empire – Charlemagne, A.D ... Essay on the Manners of Nations (or 'Universal History') (1756) History of the Russian Empire Under Peter the Great (Vol ... II 1763) History of the Parliament of Paris (1769) ...
... The breakup of Al-Andalus into the competing taifa kingdoms helped the long embattled Iberian Christian kingdoms gain the initiative ... The capture of the strategically central city of Toledo in 1085 marked a significant shift in the balance of power in favour of the Christian kingdoms ...
Famous quotes containing the word history:
“I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning; that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change; and that passé abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity.”
—Camille Paglia (b. 1947)
“Racism is an ism to which everyone in the world today is exposed; for or against, we must take sides. And the history of the future will differ according to the decision which we make.”
—Ruth Benedict (18871948)
“The history of mankind interests us only as it exhibits a steady gain of truth and right, in the incessant conflict which it records between the material and the moral nature.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)