- Sara Durand - 28-year-old American doctor in charge of the women's ward at the hospital in Chen-li.
- Gray Thomison - American doctor who built the hospital in Chen-li and is resident in charge of the hospital.
- Siu-mei (Ling) - young Chinese intern in the women's hospital. Dr. Chung courts her because she is from a wealthy family. Her father, Mr. Ling, does not approve, but does not interfere; he tells Chen-ta, "her choice is not mine."
- Dr Chung, Chung Ming-liang or Chung En-liu - a traitorous Chinese doctor, about age 31, just out of American medical school.
- Louise Thomison - Gray Thomison's pretty American wife, a New York socialite.
- Siao Fah - Gray's Chinese cook-boy; "squat, pock-marked"; dedicated to Gray, disdainful of Louise.
- Chen-ta, the Eagle - chief of the Tong Mountain guerrillas, Chinese fighters near Chen-li. He is attracted to Siu-mei when he meets her at the hospital.
- Yasuda - Chen-ta's injured Japanese prisoner, a powerful and well-educated fighter who speaks four languages, including English, but no Chinese.
- Ya-ching - a "pale and pock-marked" nurse who is in love with Dr. Chung until he spurns her and their unborn child.
- Chung Third - Dr Chung's younger brother, who joins Chen-ta's guerrillas to learn their plans and pass this information to Dr. Chung for Yasuda.
- Harry Delafield - an English businessman working in nearby Treaty Port who becomes attached to Louise.
- Mr. Ling - Siu-mei's father, a respected elder in Chen-li who admires Chen-ta.
Read more about this topic: China Sky
Other articles related to "characters, character":
... The title character, whose full name is Adam Seymour Duckstein (voiced by Jim J ... the cast that is actually gay, and that he had insisted that the character be voiced by someone gay ... the tradition of semi-nudity of cartoon characters exemplified by Porky Pig, Donald Duck, Top Cat, etc ...
... for the player to select two of six characters to accompany Dave ... a graphic adventure game in which the player uses a point-and-click interface to guide characters through a two-dimensional (2D) game world and to solve puzzles ... commands with this scheme examples include "Walk to", to move the characters "New kid", to switch between the three characters and "Pick up", to collect objects ...
... The game's main characters and bosses are Leonardo — Another apprentice magician who appears at Normoon and at Brannoch Castle near the end of the game ... Though not a main character, he still manages to help Brian by providing healing items in a room within Brannoch Castle ...
... A typewriter or electromechanical printer can print characters on paper, and execute operations such as move the carriage back to the left margin of the same line ... Commands to control non-printing operations were transmitted in exactly the same way as printable characters by sending control characters with defined functions (e ... the line feed character forced the carriage to move to the same position on the next line) to teleprinters ...
... At the conclusion of Vault of the Drow, the characters find an astral gate leading to the Abyssal realm of Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, goddess of the drow elves and architect of the ... The player characters are transported to another plane and cast into the labyrinth known as the Demonweb ... In order to return home, the characters must find their way out of the web and then defeat the evil demigoddess Lolth in her lair ...
Famous quotes containing the word characters:
“Unresolved dissonances between the characters and dispositions of the parents continue to reverberate in the nature of the child and make up the history of its inner sufferings.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“There are as many characters in men
As there are shapes in nature.”
—Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)
“No one of the characters in my novels has originated, so far as I know, in real life. If anything, the contrary was the case: persons playing a part in my lifethe first twenty years of ithad about them something semi-fictitious.”
—Elizabeth Bowen (18991973)