Specific Areas of Study
- High-resolution mineralogical and chemical imaging of the permanently shadowed north- and south-polar regions
- Searching for surface or sub-surface lunar water-ice, especially at the lunar poles
- Identification of chemicals in lunar highland rocks
- Chemical stratigraphy of the lunar crust by remote sensing of the central uplands of large lunar craters, and of the South Pole Aitken Region (SPAR), an expected site of interior material
- Mapping the height variation of features of the lunar surface
- Observation of X-ray spectrum greater than 10 keV and stereographic coverage of most of the Moon's surface with 5 m resolution
- Providing new insights in understanding the Moon's origin and evolution
Read more about this topic: Chandrayaan-1
Other articles related to "areas, area":
... valuable teak in lower Burma, cover over 49% of the country, including areas of acacia, bamboo, ironwood and michelia champaca ... The lands along the coast support all varieties of tropical fruits and once had large areas of mangroves although much of the protective mangroves have disappeared ... For a list of protected areas, see List of protected areas of Burma ...
... It can grow on most external areas of the human body, except on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet (among other areas) ... Hair is most noticeable on most people in a small number of areas, which are also the ones that are most commonly trimmed, plucked, or shaved ...
... encouraged by Swedish king Gustav Vasa to settle in the unpopulated areas of Värmland and Solør, along the border between Norway and Sweden ... time the forests far from the settled areas were of little value, and therefore immigrants could settle in large numbers without coming into conflict ... income from the scarcely populated areas of western Sweden ...
... access to jobs to residents in particular, often racially determined, areas ... to the practice of marking a red line on a map to delineate the area where banks would not invest later the term was applied to discrimination against a particular group of people (usually by race or sex) irrespective ... During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods ...
Famous quotes containing the words study, specific and/or areas:
“A wise writer will feel that the ends of study and composition are best answered by announcing undiscovered regions of thought, and so communicating, through hope, new activity to the torpid spirit.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The more specific idea of evolution now reached isa change from an indefinite, incoherent homogeneity to a definite, coherent heterogeneity, accompanying the dissipation of motion and integration of matter.”
—Herbert Spencer (18201903)
“The point is, that the function of the novel seems to be changing; it has become an outpost of journalism; we read novels for information about areas of life we dont knowNigeria, South Africa, the American army, a coal-mining village, coteries in Chelsea, etc. We read to find out what is going on. One novel in five hundred or a thousand has the quality a novel should have to make it a novelthe quality of philosophy.”
—Doris Lessing (b. 1919)