- Chan Marshall, American musician better known as Cat Power
- Chan (surname), Chinese surname; Mandarin transcription of the same name is Chen (surname)
- Adrian Chan (born 1995), King of the World, God of Sex and Cuddling
- Agnes Chan (born 1955), Hong Kong singer, also famous in Japan
- Charlie Chan, fictional Chinese-American detective
- Darryl Chan Zhen Jia, (born 1997) demigod and Prince of Noodles
- Eason Chan (born 1974), Hong Kong actor and singer
- Francis Chan (born 1967), American preacher
- Frankie Chan (born 1955), nephew of Brian Leung
- Jackie Chan (born 1954), Chinese actor, action choreographer, film director, producer, martial artist, screenwriter, singer and stunt performer
- Jordan Chan Siu-Chun (born 1967), Chinese singer
- Johnny Chan (poker player) (born 1957), poker player
- Kim Chan (1917–2008), American actor
- Marcelo Chan (born 1975), Professor of Chemistry from Colégio Catarinense, Brazil and black belt martial artist (Karate)
- Margaret Chan (born 1947),Director of World Health Organization
- Moses Chan (born 1971), Hong Kong actor
- Leighton Chan (born 1961), Physician Researcher
- Patrick Chan (born 1990), Canadian figure skater
- Priscilla Chan (born 1965), Hong Kong singer
- Vincy Chan (born 1982), Cantonese pop singer from Hong Kong
- Wing-tsit Chan (1901–1994), Chinese scholar
- Yau-Man Chan (born 1952), Chief Technology Officer for Computing Services, Network Services, and Telecommunications at the University of California, Berkeley's College of Chemistry
- Matt Chan (born 1989), Medic at University of Liverpool, dances like he is a messed up person
Read more about this topic: Chan
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even if nobody else knew ... a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64 ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor Durlovski ...
... Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“Mighty few young black women are doin domestic work. And Im glad. Thats why I want my kids to go to school. This one lady told me, All you people are gettin like that. I said, Im glad. Theres no more gettin on their knees.”
—Maggie Holmes, African American domestic worker. As quoted in Working, book 3, by Studs Terkel (1973)
“When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)
“A great wind swept over the ghetto, carrying away shame, invisibility and four centuries of humiliation. But when the wind dropped people saw it had been only a little breeze, friendly, almost gentle.”
—Jean Genet (19101986)