Chamber may refer to:
- Chamber (comics), a Marvel Comics superhero associated with the X-Men
- Chamber (firearms), the portion of the barrel or firing cylinder in which the cartridge is inserted prior to being fired
- Chambers (law), the rooms used by a barrister or to an association of barristers
- A room inside a building
- Great Chamber, the second most important room in a medieval or Tudor English castle, palace, mansion or manor house
- Chambar, a town in Pakistan also spelt Chamber
- Environment chamber used in testing
- Chamber (TempTale), a USB Interface Plus Reader
It may also refer to:
- Chambers of commerce, a business network with local, regional, national, international and bi-lateral Chambers
- List of employer associations and other business organizations
- Chambers of parliament, in politics
- Chamber music, a form of classical music, written for a small group of instruments which traditionally could be accommodated in a palace chamber
- Combustion chamber, part of an engine in which fuel is burned
The Chamber may also refer to:
- The Chamber (game show), a short-lived game show on FOX
- The Chamber (novel), a suspense novel by John Grisham
- The Chamber (film), based on the novel
Other articles related to "chamber":
... returning exile, the prince de Condé took possession, and rented to the Chamber of Deputies a large part of the palace ... The Chamber of Deputies was then able to undertake major work, better suiting the chamber, rearrangement of access corridors and adjoining rooms, installation of the library ...
... Old Senate Chamber Ceiling Old Senate Chamber Ceiling Rotunda dome Memorial Chamber dome Unicameral Chamber Doors Floor detail, "Fire" Original woodcarving designed ...
... A multi-wire chamber (or just wire chamber) is a type of proportional counter that detects charged particles and photons, by means of gaseous ionization detection of particles of ionizing radiation ...
... Anniversary of the Victory over Fascism) (1984) Evening Prayers, for eight alto voices and chamber orchestra (1991 3d work from the 1990–95 four-part cycle A Life without Christmas) Psalm 23, for ...
... Blues, large mixed ensemble Chamber Piece No. 1, chamber orchestra Chamber Piece No. 2, chamber orchestra Duo fur Zwei Geigen, violin duo From Here On Farther, mixed quartet Musik zu Hamlet, flute, clarinet and violoncello Piece for Two Instrumental Units, large mixed ensemble Piece in ...
Famous quotes containing the word chamber:
“The fate of the country does not depend on how you vote at the polls,the worst man is as strong as the best at that game; it does not depend on what kind of paper you drop into the ballot- box once a year, but on what kind of a man you drop from your chamber into the street every morning.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Another day. Deliberations are recessed
In an iron-blue chamber of that afternoon
On which we wore things and looked well at
A slab of business rising behind the stars.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)
“Thats where Time magazine lives ... way out there on the puzzled, masturbating edge, peering through the keyhole and selling what they see to the big wide world of chamber of commerce voyeurs who support the public prints.”
—Hunter S. Thompson (b. 1939)