Celles

Celles is the name of several places

  • In Belgium:
    • Celles, Hainaut is a municipality located in the province of Hainaut.
    • Celles, Houyet is a village in the municipality of Houyet, province of Namur. This marks the farthest point the German Army advanced during the Battle of the Bulge in World War II.
    • Celles, Faimes is a village in the municipality of Faimes, province of Liège.
  • In France:
    • Celles, Ariège, a commune in the Ariège département
    • Celles, Cantal, a commune in the Cantal département
    • Celles, Charente-Maritime, a commune in the Charente-Maritime département
    • Celles, Dordogne, a commune in the Dordogne département
    • Celles, Hérault, a commune in the Hérault département

Other articles related to "celles":

Celles-sur-Durolle
... Celles-sur-Durolle is a commune in the Puy-de-Dôme department in Auvergne in central France ... The town was once known by the name of Celles ...
Dom Bédos De Celles
... François Lamathe Bédos de Celles de Salelles, known as Dom Bédos de Celles, (24 January 1709 – 25 November 1779) was a Benedictine monk best known for being a master pipe organ builder ...
Celles, Houyet
... Celles is a village in the municipality of Houyet in the province of Namur, Belgium ... It is served by Gendron-Celles railway station, located several kilometres south-west of the village centre, next to the river Lesse ...
Liberchies
... Liberchies is a village in the municipality of Pont-à-Celles, in the Belgian province of Hainaut ... In 1976 Luttre was united with Pont-à-Celles ... Today Liberchies is one of the villages in the municipality Pont-à-Celles ...
Pont-à-Celles - Origin of The Name
... Pont-à-Celles draws its name from Latin Cella, meaning room or cell of monk, probably because of the presence of the monastery founded in VIIe century, by Saint Amand (apos ... and then the priory of the Park, was called Celles, and later Pont-à-Celles ... The name of Pont-à-Celles appears for the first time during the 16th century, when the monks of the Park built a bridge on the Pieton river near to the church ...