The following references identify the major catalogues of Beethoven's works.
- Nottebohm, Gustav. Thematisches Verzeichnis der im Druck erschienenen Werke von Ludwig van Beethoven. Leipzig, Breitkopf & Härtel, 1925. OCLC 4763103. Reprinted Wiesbaden: M. Sändig, 1969 OCLC 1828776.
—Historically important thematic catalogue, by a pioneering 19th Century Beethoven scholar.
—Full title in English: Thematic Catalogue of the Published Works of Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Kinsky, G. and H. Halm. Das Werk Beethovens: thematisch-bibliographisches Verzeichnis seiner sämtlichen vollendeten Kompositionen. München: G. Henle, 1955. OCLC 334667
—The standard thematic and bibliographical catalogue of Beethoven's works.
—Full title in English: Beethoven's Works: thematic and bibliographic catalogue of all his completed compositions by Georg Kinsky, completed and edited after the author's death by Hans Helm.
- Hess, Willy. Verzeichnis der nicht in der Gesamtausgabe veröffentlichen Werke Ludwig van Beethovens. Wiesbaden: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1957. OCLC 18406510
—Hess' original study and catalogue; still more widely available in libraries than Green's edition.
—Full title in English: Catalogue of works not found in the Collected Works of Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Green, James (ed. and trans). The new Hess catalog of Beethoven’s works. West Newbury, Vermont: Vance Brook, 2003. ISBN 0-9640570-3-4.
—An English translation of Willy Hess's important 1957 catalogue and study, updated to reflect more recent scholarship.
- Biamonti, Giovanni. Catologo cronologo e tematico delle opere di Beethoven. Torino: ILTE, 1968. OCLC 2028666
—Encompasses works with and without opus numbers, as well as sketches and fragments, in 849 chronologically arranged entries.
—Full title in English: Chronological and Thematic Catalogue of the works of Beethoven.
Read more about this topic: Catalogues Of Beethoven Compositions
Other articles related to "catalogues, catalogue":
... positions α, δ are compiled in several star catalogues of different volume and accuracy. 1000-3000 stars are collected in Fundamental catalogues, starting with the FK (Berlin ~1890) up to the modern FK6 ...
... Exhibition, catalogue, Künstlerhaus Bethanien Berlin, editor, 1977 Stereoscopic Views by Tajiri, Exhibition, catalogue, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, editor, 1979 ...
... He is the general editor of the Corpus of British Medieval Library Catalogues, and editor of a forthcoming edition of the charters of King Henry I of England ... The shorter catalogues (The Corpus of British Medieval Library Catalogues, 4) ...
... number of special collections of rare or fragile materials, including Contemporary auction sale catalogues Contemporary Exhibition catalogues Crystal Palace Exhibition materials Nineteenth ...
Famous quotes containing the word catalogues:
“It is, in both cases, that a spiritual life has been imparted to nature; that the solid seeming block of matter has been pervaded and dissolved by a thought; that this feeble human being has penetrated the vast masses of nature with an informing soul, and recognised itself in their harmony, that is, seized their law. In physics, when this is attained, the memory disburthens itself of its cumbrous catalogues of particulars, and carries centuries of observation in a single formula.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)