Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... work to be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (also called metrics) to ...
... the halls of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in the work, when Snorri describes Baldr, he gives a longer ...
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... but not necessarily to change the angular momentum of the object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... such as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
... was hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... object balls, are generally considered legal shots in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... is a visit-ending (but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (however, if that secondary pocketing was also called, the shot ...
... (c.185 AD) to describe the school of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... in the context of Irenaeus' work On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou gnoseos genitive ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“A famous conductor from Rio
Fell in love with a lady called Cleo.
As she took down her panties,
He said, No andantes!
I want it allegro con brio!”
“Last night, party at Lansdowne-House. Tonight, party at Lady Charlotte Grevillesdeplorable waste of time, and something of temper. Nothing impartednothing acquiredtalking without ideasif any thing like thought in my mind, it was not on the subjects on which we were gabbling. Heigho!and in this way half London pass what is called life.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“To reduce the imagination to a state of slaveryeven though it would mean the elimination of what is commonly called happinessis to betray all sense of absolute justice within oneself. Imagination alone offers me some intimation of what can be.”
—André Breton (18961966)