Types of Radiant Barriers
- Foil or foil laminates.
- Foil-faced polyurethane or foil-faced polyisocyanurate panels.
- Foil-faced polystyrene. This laminated, high density EPS is more flexible than rigid panels, works as a vapor barrier, and works as a thermal break. Uses include the underside of roof sheathing, ceilings, and on walls. For best results, this should not be used as a cavity fill type insulation.
- Foil-backed bubble pack. This is thin, more flexible than rigid panels, works as a vapor barrier, and resembles plastic bubble wrap with aluminum foil on both sides. Often used on cold pipes, cold ducts, and the underside of roof sheathing.
- Light-colored roof shingles and reflective paint. Often called cool roofs, these help to keep attics cooler in the summer and in hot climates. To maximize radiative cooling at night, they are often chosen to have high thermal emissivity, whereas their low emissivity for the solar spectrum reflects heat during the day.
- Metal roofs; e.g., aluminum or copper.
Radiant barriers can function as a vapor barriers and serve both purposes with one product.
Materials with one shiny side (such as foil-faced polystyrene) must be positioned with the shiny side facing an air space to be effective. An aluminum foil radiant barrier can be placed either way - the shiny side is created by the rolling mill during the manufacturing process and does not affect the reflectivity of the foil material. As radiant barriers work by reflecting infra-red energy, the aluminum foil would work just the same if both sides were dull.
Other articles related to "radiant":
... Radiant Logic has alliances with leading identity management software vendors, whose products work with the RadiantOne platform to create full-spectrum identity ... Radiant has also partnered with professional services organizations including Accenture, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Deloitte ... In 2010, Radiant Logic announced a partnership with Axiomatics to provide an authorization solution based on the XACML standard ...
... See also #Republic cruiser The Radiant VII is the first vessel shown in The Phantom Menace ... Jinn (Liam Neeson) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) travel aboard the Radiant VII on their mission to end the Trade Federation's blockade of the planet Naboo ... docking with the Federation's Droid Control Ship, the Radiant VII is destroyed to prevent the Jedi from escaping ...
... Radiant Systems was a provider of technology to the hospitality and retail industries that was acquired by NCR Corporation in 2011 ... Radiant was based in Atlanta, Georgia ... In its last financial report as a public company, Radiant reported revenues of $90 million and net income of $14 million in the six months ended June 30 ...
... Radiant is an unincorporated community located in Madison County, Virginia. ...
Famous quotes containing the words types of, barriers, types and/or radiant:
“Our children evaluate themselves based on the opinions we have of them. When we use harsh words, biting comments, and a sarcastic tone of voice, we plant the seeds of self-doubt in their developing minds.... Children who receive a steady diet of these types of messages end up feeling powerless, inadequate, and unimportant. They start to believe that they are bad, and that they can never do enough.”
—Stephanie Martson (20th century)
“The principle that human nature, in its psychological aspects, is nothing more than a product of history and given social relations removes all barriers to coercion and manipulation by the powerful.”
—Noam Chomsky (b. 1928)
“... there are two types of happiness and I have chosen that of the murderers. For I am happy. There was a time when I thought I had reached the limit of distress. Beyond that limit, there is a sterile and magnificent happiness.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)
“she in the kitchen
aproned young and lovely wanting my baby
and so happy about me she burns the roast beef
and comes crying to me and I get up from my big papa chair
saying Christmas teeth! Radiant brains! Apple deaf!”
—Gregory Corso (b. 1930)