An expenditure of 261 million euros is planned for expanding and modernising the airport’s infrastructure until 2012. Among the projects are:
- Terminal expansion, including the construction of the SkyCourt (done, as of 27 March 2011)
- New multy-storey car park
- New piers to Terminal 2A as well as 2B
- Apron development (done, as of 27 March 2011)
- New air cargo city (first phase planned opening in the 2nd half of 2012)
- Airport City
- Business park
- A 4-star hotel with conference facilities (planned opening in 2014)
Several of these future projects involve about further 300 million euros, and depends on regulatory decisions as well as third-party investors (see video:).
Read more about this topic: Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport
Famous quotes containing the words programme and/or future:
“In the case of all other sciences, arts, skills, and crafts, everyone is convinced that a complex and laborious programme of learning and practice is necessary for competence. Yet when it comes to philosophy, there seems to be a currently prevailing prejudice to the effect that, although not everyone who has eyes and fingers, and is given leather and last, is at once in a position to make shoes, everyone nevertheless immediately understands how to philosophize.”
—Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (17701831)
“Captain Hank Quinlan: Cmon, read my future for me.
Tanya: You havent got any.
Captain Hank Quinlan: Hmmm. Whadya mean?
Tanya: Your future is all used up.”
—Orson Welles (19151985)