Brood may refer to:
- Brood, a collective term for offspring
- Brooding, the incubation of bird eggs by their parents
- Brood (honeybee), the young of a beehive
- Brood: to think deeply about something, often in a dark or melancholy manner.
- The Brood, a 1979 horror film directed by David Cronenberg
- Brood (comics), an alien species from the Marvel Comics universe
- The Brood, and The New Brood, WWE professional wrestling stables in 1999
- Brood, The, as in Chris Martens
- The Brood (band), a crossover thrash band from Venice, California
- The Brood (album), a 1984 album by Herman Brood
- The Brood, episode 11 of the first season of Exosquad
- Elliott Brood, a death country band from Toronto
- Brood, the dragon clan in Breath of Fire III
- Individual broods of North American periodical cicadas:
- Brood X, the largest brood, which emerges on a 17-year cycle
- Brood XIII, a brood centered on Northern Illinois and its surrounding area, which also emerges on a 17-year cycle.
- Brood XIX, a large brood in the Southern United States which emerges on a 13-year cycle
- Brod (disambiguation), a Slavic toponym
- Herman Brood (1946-2001), Dutch musician, painter, actor, poet and media personality
- Philippe Brood (1964-2000), Dutch politician
Other articles related to "brood, broods":
... A brood patch is a patch of featherless skin that is visible on the underside of birds during the nesting season ... The positions of brood patches can vary with many having a single brood patch in the middle of the belly while some shorebirds have one patch on each side of the belly ... Gulls and galliformes may have three brood patches ...
... StarCraft Brood War is the expansion pack for the award winning military science fiction, real-time strategy video game StarCraft ... StarCraft II Wings of Liberty continuing from the conclusion of Brood War ... Brood War was critically well-received, with reviewers praising it for being developed with the care of a full game rather than as an uninspired extra ...
... Brood XIV (also known as Brood 14) is one of 15 separate broods of periodical cicadas that appear regularly throughout the midwestern United States ... Every 17 years, Brood XIV tunnels en masse to the surface of the ground, lays eggs, and then die off in several weeks ... in 1907 in which he argued for the existence of 30 broods, over the years a number have been consolidated and only 15 are recognized today as being distinct ...
... See also Exciting X-Patrol Brother Brood (Sebastian Brood) ... of DC's Brother Blood (Sebastian Blood) and Marvel's Brood species ...
Famous quotes containing the word brood:
“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit worthy of repentance.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 3:7-8.
“One does not jump, and spring, and shout hurrah! at hearing one has got a fortune, one begins to consider responsibilities, and to ponder business; on a base of steady satisfaction rise certain grave cares, and we contain ourselves, and brood over our bliss with a solemn brow.”
—Charlotte Brontë (18161855)
“I would rather produce my passions than brood over them at my expense; they grow languid when they have vent and expression. It is better that their point should operate outwardly than be turned against us.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)