In addition to Saint Agnes' Church, Brezje pri Dobrovi has several structures registered as cultural heritage:
- The Polšno Brdo archaeological site is still largely unexplored. Roman-era pottery and construction material has been found here and an extensive field survey of the area was carried out in 2011.
- The farm at Brezje pri Dobrovi no. 44 stands above the road into the settlement below the edge of the woods. It is an elongated single-story structure with a central entrance and a symmetrical gabled roof covered with concrete tiles. Alongside the gabled facade there is an outbuilding.
- The house at Brezje pri Dobrovi no. 16 stands in the center of the village. This is a single-story rectangular structure, partially cellared, with a symmetrical gabled roof, incorporating both living quarters and an area for livestock. There is a central entryway from the courtyard and the year 1862 is carved into the black door casing.
- The house at Brezje pri Dobrovi no. 17 stands in a clustered area of the village. This is a single-story rectangular structure with a part for livestock. The entryway has a semicircular door casing carved from black limestone, and the year 1886 is carved into the door casing of the livestock area.
- An unnumbered house stands on the southwestern edge of the clustered part of the settlement, south of the church. It was numbered Brezje pri Dobrovi no. 1 in older documentation. This is a single-story rectangular structure with a central entrance and a large dormer above it. The year 1866 is carved into the richly decorated door casing. The facade is richly segmented with cornices and a soffit.
- The Partisan Lodge on Ključ Hill was built in 1979 to commemorate members of the Dolomite Detachment. It contains a memorial room, and a plaque and dedication are attached to the structure.
Read more about this topic: Brezje Pri Dobrovi
Other articles related to "cultural heritage, cultural, heritage":
... In 2004, the Iranian Cultural Heritage News Agency reported that, "Iranian archeologists planned to identify the food basket and diet of the people who lived in the ... Dam...issue evoked strong opposition from cultural heritage enthusiasts and NGOs who are concerned with the fate of the historic site of Bolaghi Gorge, demanding Iranian authorities prevent ...
... Circa 1970 the bridge was registered as Yugoslav cultural heritage with the highest level of protection through the efforts of Marko Mušič ...
... of the Assumption, several other structures in Lesno Brdo have protected cultural monument status Ferjan Hill is classified as a potential archaeological site with a ...
... part of the high school curriculum and regarded as part of German cultural heritage ... the Bell which continue to be quoted today as part of the German cultural heritage, sometimes without awareness of the source ...
... Broad philosophical, technical, and political issues and dimensions of cultural heritage include Cultural heritage repatriation Cultural Heritage Management Cultural property law Heritage tourism Virtual ...
Famous quotes containing the words heritage and/or cultural:
“It seems to me that upbringings have themes. The parents set the theme, either explicitly or implicitly, and the children pick it up, sometimes accurately and sometimes not so accurately.... The theme may be Our family has a distinguished heritage that you must live up to or No matter what happens, we are fortunate to be together in this lovely corner of the earth or We have worked hard so that you can have the opportunities we didnt have.”
—Calvin Trillin (20th century)
“A society that has made nostalgia a marketable commodity on the cultural exchange quickly repudiates the suggestion that life in the past was in any important way better than life today.”
—Christopher Lasch (b. 1932)