- BioInformatics was founded by William T. Kelly and Karen Blaine in 1994 as a research and advisory firm employing a professional social network to collect and deliver market research to companies selling “the tools of science.”
- In 1997, the company launched The Science Advisory Board, one of the world's largest online panels of scientific experts. This global community currently consists of over 50,000 life science researchers, physicians and biomedical professionals.
- Starting in 2004, The Scientist magazine has annually selected BioInformatics, LLC to survey life scientists and to tabulate their votes for the Life Science Industry Awards.
- In 2005, the company launched The Life Science Executive Exchange, an online community serving the needs of corporate managers and to facilitate the sharing of knowledge to solve common business challenges.
- Today, BioInformatics publishes both technical and marketing titles on the life sciences industry, in addition to custom research and analysis for manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, advertisers, publishers, research institutions and non-profit societies within the life sciences. Source: Company website (see external links below).
Read more about this topic: Bioinformatics, LLC
Other articles related to "history":
... form or another has been seen in almost every society in history ... Napoleon's France and Elizabethan England, much of history is filled with stories of entertainment based on games of chance ... In American history, early gambling establishments were known as saloons ...
... History of Charles XII, King of Sweden (1731) The Age of Louis XIV (1751) The Age of Louis XV (1746–1752) Annals of the Empire – Charlemagne, A.D ... II (1754) Essay on the Manners of Nations (or 'Universal History') (1756) History of the Russian Empire Under Peter the Great (Vol ... II 1763) History of the Parliament of Paris (1769) ...
... The breakup of Al-Andalus into the competing taifa kingdoms helped the long embattled Iberian Christian kingdoms gain the initiative ... The capture of the strategically central city of Toledo in 1085 marked a significant shift in the balance of power in favour of the Christian kingdoms ...
... The Skeptical School of early Chinese history, started by Gu Jiegang in the 1920s, was the first group of scholars within China to seriously question the traditional ... early Chinese history is a tale told and retold for generations, during which new elements were added to the front end" ...
... The history of computing is longer than the history of computing hardware and modern computing technology and includes the history of methods intended for pen and paper or for chalk and slate, with or without ...
Famous quotes containing the word history:
“The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause, as, for instance, the black mans right to his body, or womans right to her soul.”
—Emma Goldman (18691940)
“Indeed, the Englishmans history of New England commences only when it ceases to be New France.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The custard is setting; meanwhile
I not only have my own history to worry about
But am forced to fret over insufficient details related to large
Unfinished concepts that can never bring themselves to the point
Of being, with or without my help, if any were forthcoming.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)