Lines in Operation
|Line & Colour||Terminals
|Line 1||Pingguoyuan||Sihui East||1971||1999||30.4||23 (2)||2, 4, 5, 10, Batong|
|Line 2||1971||1987||23.1||18||1, 4, 5, 13, Airport|
|Xizhimen||Beijing Railway Station|
| Line 4
||Anheqiao North||Gongyixiqiao||2009||2010||28.2||24 (1)||1, 2, 10, 13, Daxing|
|Line 5||Tiantongyuan North||Songjiazhuang||2007||—||27.6||23 (7)||1, 2, 10, 13, Yizhuang|
|Line 8||Beitucheng||Huilongguang Dongdajie||2008||2011||15.2||10||10, 13|
|Line 9||Guogongzhuang||Beijing West Railway Station||2011||—||10.8||9||Fangshan|
|Line 10||Bagou||Jinsong||2008||—||24.7||22||1, 4, 5, 8, 13, Airport|
|Line 13||Xizhimen||Dongzhimen||2002||2003||40.9||16 (15)||2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 15, Changping, Airport|
|Line 15||Wangjing West||Fengbo||2010||2011||30.2||13 (4)||13|
|Batong Line||Sihui||Tuqiao||2003||—||18.9||13 (13)||1|
|Changping Line||Xi'erqi||Nanshao||2010||—||21.24||7 (6)||13|
| Daxing Line
||Gongyixiqiao||Tiangongyuan||2010||—||21.7||11 (1)||4, Fangshan|
|Fangshan Line||Suzhuang||Guogongzhuang||2010||2011||24.79||11 (9)||9, Daxing|
|Yizhuang Line||Songjiazhuang||Yizhuang Railway Station||2010||—||23.3||14 (8)||5|
|Airport Express||Dongzhimen||Terminal 2||2008||—||28.1||4 (1)||2, 10, 13|
Line 2 platform at Xizhimen
Ticket entry gates at Yuanmingyuan Station
Airport Express train
Beijing's subway lines generally follow the checkerboard layout of the city. Most lines run parallel or perpendicular to each other and intersect at right angles.
Lines serving the urban core:
- Line 1, a straight east-west line underneath Chang'an Avenue, which bisects the city through Tiananmen Square. Line 1 connects major commercial centres, Xidan, Wangfujing, Dongdan and the Beijing CBD.
- Line 2, a rectangular loop line, traces the Ming-era city wall that once surrounded the inner city, and stops at 11 of the wall's former gates (ending in men), now busy intersections, as well as the Beijing Railway Station.
- Line 4, a mainly north-south line running west of city centre with stops at the Summer Palace, Old Summer Palace, Peking and Renmin Universities, Zhongguancun Technology Park, National Library, Beijing Zoo, Xidan and Beijing South Railway Station
- Line 5, a straight north-south line just east of the city centre. It passes the Temple of Earth, Lama Temple and the Temple of Heaven.
- Line 8, a north-south line directly north of city centre from Huilongguan through the Olympic Green to Beitucheng.
- Line 9, a north-south line in the southwest of the city centre from the Beijing West Railway Station.
- Line 10, an inverted L-shaped shaped route to the north and east of Line 2. It runs east-west, following the Yuan-era city wall in the north, passing just south of the Olympic Green and turns south at Sanyuanqiao, northeast of the city, and follows the eastern 3rd Ring Road through the embassy district and Beijing CBD.
Lines to outlying suburbs:
- Line 13 arcs across suburbs north of the city and channels commuters to Xizhimen and Dongzhimen, at the northwest and northeast corners of Line 2.
- Line 15 branches off Line 13 at Wangjing West and runs northeast to suburban Shunyi District.
- Batong Line extends Line 1 eastward from Sihui to suburban Tongzhou District.
- Changping Line branches off Line 13 at Xi'erqi and runs north to suburban Changping District.
- Daxing Line extends Line 4 south to suburban Daxing District.
- Fangshan Line extends Line 9 south from Guogongzhuang to Fangshan District in the southwestern suburbs.
- Yizhuang Line extends from Line 5's southern terminus to the Yizhuang Economic & Technological Development Zone in the southeastern suburbs.
- Airport Express connects the Beijing Capital International Airport, 27 km northeast of the city, with Line 10 at Sanyuanqiao and Lines 2 and 13 at Dongzhimen.
Read more about this topic: Beijing Subway
Other articles related to "lines, line, lines in operation":
... diagram illustrates the use of this algorithm in converting a list of lines or polygons into a BSP tree ... steps (i.-viii.), the algorithm above is applied to a list of lines, and one new node is added to the tree Start with a list of lines, (or in 3-D, polygons ... In the spatial diagram of the lines, direction chosen to be the 'front' of a line is denoted by an arrow ...
... Kintetsu Nara Line Kyoto Line Kashihara Line Yamato-Saidaiji Station is a junction of the lines from four directions Osaka (Nara Line) from the west, Nara (Nara Line) from the east, Kyoto (Kyoto ...
... Being the sole provider of public transport within the city of Thessaloniki, OASTH operates an extensive network that covers the entire city ... Overall 75 routes are currently in service ...
... by use of heavy sounding syllables ("My heart aches" line 1), as it introduces the song of a hidden bird ... (lines 5–10) The song encourages the narrator to give up his own sense of self and embrace the feelings that are evoked by the nightingale ... That I might drink, and leave the world unseen, And with thee fade away into the forest dim (lines 11–13, 19–20) The narrator uses ...
... stations Charing Cross – Northern and Bakerloo Lines—has an exit in the square ... The two lines originally had separate stations, of which the Bakerloo Line one was called Trafalgar Square they were linked and renamed in 1979 as part of the construction of the ... District, Circle, Northern and Bakerloo Lines ...
Famous quotes containing the words operation and/or lines:
“It is critical vision alone which can mitigate the unimpeded operation of the automatic.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)
“Called as partners in Christs service,
Called to ministries of grace,
We respond with deep commitment
Fresh new lines of faith to trace.
May we learn the art of sharing,
Side by side and friend with friend,
Equal partners in our caring
To fulfill Gods chosen end.”
—Jane Parker Huber (b. 1926)