Baystate Medical Center (BMC) in Springfield, Massachusetts is the largest of four hospitals for Baystate Health. BMC, the leading health facility in western Massachusetts. It is:
- A Regional Center of Care – BMC is the only tertiary care referral medical center and Level 1 Trauma Center in the region. It is also home to Western New England's only Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units.
- A Teaching Hospital – BMC is a 653-bed academic teaching hospital that serves as the Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine, offering 10 residency programs and 16 fellowship programs, all ACGME-accredited, with the exception of the Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship, which is accredited by the Fellowship Committee.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Recognized for Quality Care – BMC has received some of the high quality and patient safety accolades and recognition in the hospital field.
- Baystate Medical Center is one the top 50 hospitals in the U.S. for cardiovascular care.
... Baystate Children's Hospital Baystate Emergency Medicine Baystate Radiology and Imaging Baystate Regional Cancer Program Behavioral Health Service Chestnut Surgery Center (Minimally Invasive Surgery ...
Famous quotes containing the words center and/or medical:
“It is written in the Book of Usable Minutes
That all things have their center in their dying....”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)
“Mark Twain didnt psychoanalyze Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer. Dickens didnt put Oliver Twist on the couch because he was hungry! Good copy comes out of people, Johnny, not out of a lot of explanatory medical terms.”
—Samuel Fuller (b. 1911)