- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman: Continuing his quest as Gotham City's sole protector, in his wake, he meets Selina Kyle, and clashes with new anti-heroine Catwoman. His situation becomes complicated due to the arrival of a mysterious "Penguin-like Man" spotted throughout Gotham.
- Danny DeVito as Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin: Abandoned at birth due to his hideous appearance by his aristocratic parents, he spends his life living in the sewers of Gotham City. His real intentions are to dispose of every first-born aristocratic son in Gotham City out of vengeance against his parents for abandoning him as a child.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Formerly a quiet and shy secretary for Max Shreck, Selina transforms into Catwoman after an attempt on her life. She becomes a romantic interest for Bruce Wayne and a deadly adversary for Batman.
- Christopher Walken as Max Shreck: A powerful, sociopathic and ruthless business mogul who serves as the boss of Selina Kyle and unusual ally to the Penguin. He seeks to build a supposed power plant in order to bring Gotham to its knees.
- Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth: Bruce Wayne's faithful butler.
- Michael Murphy as the Mayor: The Mayor of Gotham City who opposes Max Shreck's proposal to build the power plant. Shreck retaliates by working with the Penguin to defame him and have him recalled.
- Cristi Conaway as Ice Princess: A holiday-themed beauty queen who is kidnapped and eventually killed by the Penguin.
- Andrew Bryniarski as Charles "Chip" Shreck: Max Shreck's son and right-hand man.
- Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon: The police commissioner of Gotham City.
Vincent Schiavelli and Anna Katarina portray two of the Penguin's lackeys. Paul Reubens and Diane Salinger, who both appeared in Burton's Pee-wee's Big Adventure, have cameo appearances as the Penguin's parents, Tucker and Esther Cobblepot. Elizabeth Sanders, the wife of Batman co-creator Bob Kane, cameos as a Gotham citizen.
Read more about this topic: Batman Returns
Other articles related to "cast":
... to CBS's The Morning Program, John Posey was cast as Danny for the original pilot ... To comply with child labor laws, twins Ashley and Mary-Kate were cast to alternate during tapings ... All seven of the original cast members remained with the show through its entire eight-year run ...
1947 Original Broadway cast recording (incomplete, due to recording limitations of the period some lyrics were censored) 1954 Original motion picture soundtrack (originally incomplete ...
... The regular cast appeared in an opening title sequence in which video head shots were arranged in a three-by-three grid, with each cast member appearing to look at the other cast members ... Although many actors who become type-cast into the roles they played on a particular series resent this, the cast of The Brady Bunch express a contrary attitude ...
... John McCain received 58.0% of the vote here (1,415 cast), ahead of Democrat Barack Obama, who received 39.6% (967 votes), with 2,441 ballots cast among the city's 3,263 registered voters, for a turnout of 74.8% ... received 56.4% of the vote here (1,556 ballots cast), outpolling Democrat John Kerry, who received around 42.0% (1,158 votes), with 2,760 ballots cast among the city's 4,001 registered voters, for a ... election, Republican Chris Christie received 57.7% of the vote here (987 ballots cast), ahead of both Democrat Jon Corzine with 32.9% (563 votes) and Independent Chris Daggett with 5.7% (98 votes), with 1,711 ...
Famous quotes containing the word cast:
“we cast the vessel ashore
On the Gulliby Isles where the Pooh-pooh smiles,
And the Rumbletum bunders roar.”
—Charles Edward Carryl (18411920)
“what has cast such a shadow upon you The negro.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“Like a bad doctor who has fallen down sick you are cast down, and cannot find what sort of drugs would cure your ailment.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)