Characters From Alternate Continuities
Several characters featured outside of modern Batman canon are of note:
- Batman (Terry McGinnis) is the lead character on the animated series Batman Beyond. Set in the near future of earth 12 one of the 52 parallel earths to the original earth 1, the series depicts the adventures of a new, younger Batman mentored by Bruce Wayne. Terry is always treated similarly to the way Bruce treated Dick Grayson and Tim Drake in this continuity. Bruce has a respect for him and has found him to be a worthy person to wear the mask and that he is the one that makes Batman a good person. In the Justice League Unlimited episode "Epilogue", it is revealed that Terry is the biological son of Bruce due to Amanda Waller's involvement in creating a new Dark Knight under Project Cadmus' final project, Project: Batman Beyond. In 2011 he enter the official DCU.
- Batman (Tlano) is an alien that brought Batman to his world Zur-En-Arrh to help him become his planet's hero and to battle robot invaders.
- Harvey Harris: Harvey Harris was a detective from Gotham City (Earth-One continuity). He trained young Bruce Wayne in the art of criminal detection and provided the young boy with his first costumed identity - Robin. Bruce helped his mentor try and stop the KKK in Detective Comics Annual in 1989. Harris is good in combat, claims to have a black belt and uses a gun.
- Carrie Kelly: Carrie Kelly became the first female Robin (chronologically though not canonically) in 1986's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. In Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again, the follow-up to DKR, Carrie is called Catgirl, as a homage to Catwoman.
- Helena Wayne: Pre-Crisis, the Huntress was Helena Wayne, daughter to Earth-Two's Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle (Catwoman). The modern Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) has no biological relations to Catwoman or Batman.
- Blackwing (Charlie Bullock) was a lawyer that become a hero patterned after Batman (after the hero's death) on Earth-2. He would team with that Earth's Huntress.
- The Ninja (Kyodai Ken) was Bruce Wayne's rival in the way of the samurai under Yoru in Batman: The Animated Series. He would later return as an enemy in the series.
- Bat-Ape was the masked identity of Mogo, a circus gorilla that helped Batman.
- Proto-Bot was a prototype Bat-Bot introduced in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- Bat-Horse was the steed of Bat-Hombre, who turned out to be an agent of El Papagayo. So, Batman took on the identity of Bat-Hombre and rode Bat-Horse in his stead.
Read more about this topic: Batman Characters
Famous quotes containing the words characters and/or alternate:
“There are characters which are continually creating collisions and nodes for themselves in dramas which nobody is prepared to act with them. Their susceptibilities will clash against objects that remain innocently quiet.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)
“I alternate between reading cook books and reading diet books.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)