Throughout Basildon there are major developments planned estimated to total nearly £2 billion. These include:
- The regeneration of Basildon, Pitsea and Laindon town centres.
- A new "Sporting Village" and improvements to playing pitches and sports facilities throughout the District.
- The creation of a health and education research centre near Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital.
- Investment in the Basildon Enterprise Corridor, a large business area.
- The creation of a new wetland nature reserve in the Thames Marshes by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), the Land Restoration Trust, Basildon District Council and Veolia.
- A review of the district's housing, with investment in housing estates such as Craylands, Five Links and Felmores which will be re-designed to allow for less trouble and having more streets with roads, rather than a street with just pavement.
Read more about this topic: Basildon
Other articles related to "regeneration plans, regeneration, plans":
... These include The regeneration of Basildon, Wickford, Pitsea and Laindon Town Centres A new Sporting Village and improvements to playing pitches and sports facilities throughout the District to make ...
23 November 2012 (UTC) Done--Tomcat (7) 2134, 23 November 2012 (UTC) "Plans were made by Carla Thomas to record another duet album in December the same year, although Phil Walden disputed this claim." - This ... If the assertion is that Carla claims making plans but Walden disputes it, this needs a rewrite. 7) 1216, 23 November 2012 (UTC) "During the time of regeneration, Redding wrote about 30 songs in a session lasting about two weeks." - what is 'the time of regeneration ...
Famous quotes containing the words plans and/or regeneration:
“Architect. One who drafts a plan of your house, and plans a draft of your money.”
—Ambrose Bierce (18421914)
“Typically, the hero of the fairy tale achieves a domestic, microcosmic triumph, and the hero of myth a world-historical, macrocosmic triumph. Whereas the formerthe youngest or despised child who becomes the master of extraordinary powersprevails over his personal oppressors, the latter brings back from his adventure the means for the regeneration of his society as a whole.”
—Joseph Campbell (19041987)