Dietz received numerous honors including:
- 1938 – awarded the Lindenberg Medal by the Berlin Philatelic Club
- 1940 – awarded the first Luff Award by the American Philatelic Society for Exceptional Contributions to Philately
- 1948 – awarded the honorary title of “General” by Confederate Stamp Alliance
- 1955 – awarded the Lichtenstein Medal by the Collectors Club of New York
- 1964 - inducted into the American Philatelic Society Hall of Fame
Read more about this topic: August Dietz
Other articles related to "honors":
... A distinctive First Year Honors Program is for qualified first-year students ... There are three options Contemporary Contexts, East Meets West, and Science Honors ... Contemporary Contexts is the replacement program for the London Honors program which began in 1996 ...
... For honors track study — engineering students only — the minimum entrance requirements are A-Level results with B average or above in three subjects ... Students in the Honors Track are required to maintain a cumulative grade average (CGA) of A- or above every semester ... students with good academic results will be invited to join the honors study track halfway ...
... The WKU Honors College became the first and only Honors College in the Commonwealth of Kentucky on July 1, 2007 ... The Honors College serves over 1,000 active Honors students with the 2009 incoming freshman class ACT/SAT average ranking among the top 6% in the nation ...
Famous quotes containing the word honors:
“My hearts subdued
Even to the very quality of my lord.
I saw Othellos visage in his mind,
And to his honors and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)