History of ABC
- March 15, 1951 - Asahi Broadcasting Corporation was founded in Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka. ABC started AM radio broadcasting on November 11 (1010 kHz).
- May 25, 1955 - ABC and New Japan Broadcasting Company (NJB, the predecessor of Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc.) founded Osaka Television Co., Ltd. (大阪テレビ放送株式会社, Ōsaka Terebi Hōsō Kabushiki-gaisha?, OTV) in Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka. Currently, ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Osaka is located at the place the head office of OTV used to be.
- December 1, 1956 - OTV started television broadcasting on channel 6, under the callsign JOBX-TV.
- March 1, 1959 - ABC acquired OTV and renamed the television station ABC Osaka Television (朝日放送大阪テレビ, Asahi Hōsō Ōsaka Terebi?, ABC-OTV).
- June 1, 1959 - ABC merged with OTV, and has been broadcasting both television and radio since then. The head office of OTV was named "ABC Dojima Station" for the use of the TV station.
- May 2, 1965 - ABC joined Japan Radio Network (JRN), and the next day it also joined another commercial radio network National Radio Network (NRN).
- 1966 - Dispersed offices and studios were integrated into the headquarters building in Oyodo-minami, Oyodo-ku (present: Kita-ku), Osaka.
- March 31, 1975 - ABC pulled out of JNN and joined All-Nippon News Network (ANN) on behalf of Asahi Shimbun, one of major shareholders of ABC. ABC was one of founders of Japan News Network (JNN), the first news network of commercial television stations in Japan.
- November 23, 1978 - The frequency of ABC AM radio changed from 1010 kHz to 1008 kHz.
- March 23, 2001 - ABC acquired ISO 14001 certification, the first broadcaster in Japan to do so.
- January 1, 2008 - The ABC logo was redesigned, featuring the call letters ABC and the name "Asahi Broadcasting Corporation", "朝日放送", "Radio", or "TV" under the slope line from the letter "C". A simplified version (only three latters of "ABC") is used in program credits. The current advertising slogan of the station, Info Designing ABC, was also launched.
- May 19, 2008 - ABC moved the headquarters from Oyodo-minami Nichome, Kita-ku to Fukushima Itchome, Fukushima-ku, Osaka.
- June 23, 2008 - ABC started broadcasting from its present headquarters.
- July 24, 2011 - Analog television operations ended on ABC at noon before a baseball game. The station now broadcasts in digital only.
Read more about this topic: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation
Other articles related to "history of abc, abc, history of, history":
... Thus UC-ABC was founded to preserve the cultural traditions and political fervor of Diasporic Africans, within the student population of the UC System ... The first UC ABC action was held the campus of UC San Diego in coordination with the progressive students of color at UCSD during the UCSA Students of Color Conference to protest the hostile ... Approximately 50 students from the various UC-ABC schools attended the direct action ...
... History of Charles XII, King of Sweden (1731) The Age of Louis XIV (1751) The Age of Louis XV (1746–1752) Annals of the Empire – Charlemagne, A.D ... II (1754) Essay on the Manners of Nations (or 'Universal History') (1756) History of the Russian Empire Under Peter the Great (Vol ... II 1763) History of the Parliament of Paris (1769) ...
... The breakup of Al-Andalus into the competing taifa kingdoms helped the long embattled Iberian Christian kingdoms gain the initiative ... The capture of the strategically central city of Toledo in 1085 marked a significant shift in the balance of power in favour of the Christian kingdoms ...
... The history of computing is longer than the history of computing hardware and modern computing technology and includes the history of methods intended for pen and ...
... in some form or another has been seen in almost every society in history ... and Romans to Napoleon's France and Elizabethan England, much of history is filled with stories of entertainment based on games of chance ... In American history, early gambling establishments were known as saloons ...
Famous quotes containing the words history of and/or history:
“Philosophy of science without history of science is empty; history of science without philosophy of science is blind.”
—Imre Lakatos (19221974)
“When we of the so-called better classes are scared as men were never scared in history at material ugliness and hardship; when we put off marriage until our house can be artistic, and quake at the thought of having a child without a bank-account and doomed to manual labor, it is time for thinking men to protest against so unmanly and irreligious a state of opinion.”
—William James (18421910)