The 1988 Transformers, consisting of entirely new characters, were Double Targetmasters, equipped with two Nebulons who would each transform into a gun, and could combine together into one singular weapon.
- Landfill (dump truck) with Flintlock and Silencer
- Quickmix (concrete mixer) with Ricochet and Boomer
- Scoop (payloader) with Tracer and Holepunch
- Needlenose (F-16XL fighter jet) with Zigzag and Sunbeam
- Quake (Leopard 2 tank) with Tiptop and Heater
- Spinister (AH-64 Apache helicopter) with Singe and Hairsplitter
Additionally, the combining sub-group, the Seacons, were sold under the Targetmasters banner, due to their ability to become weapons that could be wielded by their combined form, Piranacon. For information on those characters, see their own article.
Read more about this topic: Artfire
Other articles related to "1988 targetmasters, 1988 targetmaster, targetmasters":
... Marvel Comics to provide fiction for the 1988 Targetmaster characters in the West—anywhere, in fact, as the Double Targetmasters did not even feature in the Japanese-exclusive series for that year ... The Autobot Double Targetmasters' roles were brief ones—they were seen participating in a raid on Cybertron led by Jazz, Grimlock and Bumblebee ... Atlantic in the UK's exclusive Transformers title, the Decepticon Double Targetmasters became a part of the new Mayhem Attack Squad, charged with hunting down and killing the ...