Anthony Browne may refer to:
- Anthony Browne (author) (b. 1946), author and illustrator of children's books
- Anthony Browne (UK politics), journalist, author, and policy director for London mayor Boris Johnson
- Sir Anthony Browne (d.1506), Standard Bearer of England, Governor of Queenborough Castle and Constable of Calais
- Sir Anthony Browne (d.1548), son of Sir Anthony (or Ambrose) Browne, Standard Bearer of England and Governor of Queenborough Castle
- Anthony Browne (died 1567), MP for Lostwithiel, Great Bedwyn, Preston, Scarborough and Maldon
- Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu (1528–1592)
- Anthony-Maria Browne, 2nd Viscount Montagu (1554–1629), his grandson
- Anthony Browne (justice), judge who founded Brentwood School, England
Other articles related to "anthony browne, browne, anthony":
... born in Sussex, England in about 1536, to Sir Anthony Browne, Knight of the Garter, Master of the Horse, and his first wife Alice Gage ... Her paternal grandparents were Sir Anthony Browne, Standard Bearer of England and Governor of Queenborough Castle, and Lucy Neville ... Mabel had five brothers, including Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu, and two sisters ...
... Browne is a variant of the English surname Brown (surname), meaning "brown-haired" or "brown-skinned" ... Donegal have anglicized as Browne since about 1800 ... Adam Browne, Australian writer Andrew Browne, several people Sir Anthony Browne (died 1548), Standard Bearer of England Anthony Browne (author) (born 1946), author of children's books Anthony Browne (UK politics ...
... Sir Anthony Browne (d. 1527) "for life with a salary of £100 per annum" Sir Anthony Browne (d. 1548) in 1547 Anthony Browne, 1st Viscount Montagu in 1553 Sir Edmund Verney standard bearer to Charles I Lieutenant-Colonel John Lindley Marmion Dymoke ...
... Anthony Browne married firstly, Jane Radcliffe, daughter of Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex, by whom he had a son and a daughter Anthony Browne (22 ... Anthony Browne predeceased his father by four months, leaving a son, Anthony, who succeeded as 2nd Viscount Montague, as well as another son, John, and three daughters, Dorothy, who married ... Anthony Browne's widow, Mary Dormer, married secondly, Sir Edmund Uvedale (d ...
... Sir Anthony Browne (died 6 May 1548) was an English courtier and Knight of the Shire ... He was the son of Sir Anthony Browne, Standard Bearer of England and Governor of Queenborough Castle, by his wife Lucy Nevill, daughter of John Neville, 1st Marquess of Montagu and widow of Sir Thomas ... Anthony junior was thereby half-brother of William Fitzwilliam, 1st Earl of Southampton ...
Famous quotes containing the words browne and/or anthony:
“We all labour against our own cure, for death is the cure of all diseases.”
—Thomas Browne (16051682)
“... women of the North, I ask you to rise up with earnest, honest purpose, and go forward in the way of right, fearlessly, as independent human beings, responsible to God alone for the discharge of every duty, for the faithful use of every gift, the good Father has given you. Forget conventionalisms; forget what the world will say, whether you are in your place or out of your place; think your best thoughts, speak your best words, do your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval.”
—Susan B. Anthony (18201906)