AREMA has 29 technical committees, organized in six functional groups. The committees, whose volunteer members come from the railroad industry, meet on a regular basis and use their expertise to come up with the best methods to maintain a railroad.
- Passenger & Transit
- Roadway & Ballast (Committee 1)
- Rail (Committee 4)
- Track (Committee 5)
- Maintenance of Way Work Equipment (Committee 27)
- Ties (Committee 30)
- Engineering Services
- Track Measuring Systems (Committee 2)
- Environmental (Committee 13)
- Yards & Terminals (Committee 14)
- Economics of Railway Engineering & Operations (Committee 16)
- Light Density & Short Line Railways (Committee 18)
- Education & Training (Committee 24)
- Communications & Signals
- Scales (Committee 34)
- Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning Systems (Committee 36)
- Signal Systems (Committee 37)
- Information, Defect Detection & Energy Systems (Committee 38)
- Positive Train Control (Committee 39)
- Engineering Safety Steering Team (Committee 40)
- Track Maintenance Steering Team (Committee 41)
Read more about this topic: American Railway Engineering And Maintenance-of-Way Association
Other articles related to "technical committees, committee, committees, technical":
... The Council on Disaster Reduction comprises four Technical Committees as follows Hazard Characterization Committee Mitigation Committee Response, Rescue and Recovery Committee ...
... A District Planning Committee was set up with District Collector as Chair Person to formulate the district plan ... District Development Committee (DDC) - an advisory body of officials and non-officials including the MLA's and MPs in the district, headed by the District Collector, was expected to function as the local ... Eleven technical committees were constituted for each of the major development sectors ...
... similar to many other standards making processes, is handled by various technical committees or TC as they are called ... and comprise experts from the national committees and are a completely voluntary effort ... IEC has more than 11,000 technical experts working on standards voluntarily ...
Famous quotes containing the words committees and/or technical:
“Cry cry what shall I cry?
The first thing to do is to form the committees:
The consultative councils, the standing committees, select committees and sub-committees.
One secretary will do for several committees.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel.”
—Heywood Broun (18881939)