- Alma (given name)
- Alma Beltran (1919-2007), Mexican film actress
- Alma Cogan (1932–1966), British pop singer of the 1950s and 1960s
- Alma Guillermoprieto (born 1949), Mexican journalist
- Alma Mahler-Werfel (1879–1964), wife of Gustav Mahler, Walter Gropius, Franz Werfel
- Alma Martinéz (born 1981), Mexican female footballer
- Alma Moodie (1898–1943), Australian violinist
- Alma Redlinger (born 1924), Romanian painter
- Alma Reville (1899–1982), wife of Alfred Hitchcock, assistant director, screenwriter and editor
Read more about this topic: Alma
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64 ...
... Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“If the people are happy, united, wealthy, and powerful, we presume the rest. We conclude that to be good from whence good is derived.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)
“The people will save their government, if the government itself will allow them.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable.”
—James Madison (17511836)