The Alaska Commercial Company (ACC) is a company that operated retail stores in Alaska during the early period of Alaska's ownership by the United States. From 1901 to 1992, it was known as the Northern Commercial Company (NCC). In 1992, it resumed business as the Alaska Commercial Company under the ownership of The North West Company. It is Alaska's largest rural retailer.
Other articles related to "alaska commercial company, company, alaska":
... Alaska Commercial Company acquired the assets of the Russian-American Company in 1867 when Russia sold the territory to America ... From time to time - 1892, 1912 - the company shipped additional cattle to the island ...
... After the 1867 purchase of Alaska by the United States, the firm of Hutchison, Kohl Company, including Hayward Hutchison, William Kohl, and Louis Sloss, bought the Russian-Am ... Wassermann bought this company, although Hutchison, Kohl Company was in simultaneous existence and under the same ownership until 1872, when the new ... This new company, formed in 1868, was called the Alaska Commercial Company, and did business under this name until 1901 ...
... Hudson's Bay Company explorers and traders from Mackenzie River trading posts used two different routes to enter Yukon and created trading posts along the way ... While the post was actually in Russian Alaska, the Hudson's Bay Company continued to trade there until expelled by the American traders in 1869, following the Alaska Purchase ... upstream along the Porcupine, but it also proved to be just inside Alaska's boundary ...
Famous quotes containing the words company and/or commercial:
“We do not mind our not arriving anywhere nearly so much as our not having any company on the way.”
—Frank Moore Colby (18651925)
“So by all means lets have a television show quick and long, even if the commercial has to be delivered by a man in a white coat with a stethoscope hanging around his neck, selling ergot pills. After all the public is entitled to what it wants, isnt it? The Romans knew that and even they lasted four hundred years after they started to putrefy.”
—Raymond Chandler (18881959)