The Alameda County Sheriff's Office (ACSO) is a law enforcement agency serving Alameda County, California. The ACSO is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA), the American Correctional Association (ACA), National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and the California Medical Association (CMA).
As of 2008, the ACSO has approximately 1500 positions, over 1000 of which are sworn peace officers.
The ACSO is charged with
- Providing security to the Consolidated Superior Courts
- Operating the Coroner's Bureau
- Operating a full-service crime laboratory
- Operating a County Jail and Detention Center
- Conducting a basic academy pursuant to Police Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) requirements.
- Performing Civil Process
- Operating the County Office of Emergency Services
- Providing Fish and Game enforcement
- Operating a Marine Patrol Unit in the San Francisco Bay waters
- Providing patrol and investigative services to the unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- Pursuant to contractual agreements, providing patrol and investigative services to the City of Dublin, Peralta Community College District, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum complex, Oakland International Airport, Highland County Hospital, Social Services, and to the Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
The sheriff and coroner is an elected position currently filled by Gregory J. Ahern. The previous sheriff was well known local law enforcement figure Charles Plummer, who served from 1987 to 2007.
Read more about Alameda County Sheriff's Office: Detention Facilities, Training and Exercises, Eden Township Substation, Crime Laboratory, Coroner's Bureau, Rank Structure, History, Other Law Enforcement Agencies
Other articles related to "alameda":
... It is connected with Metro de Santiago in Alameda station ... map Legend Santiago Metro Line 1 Estación Central 0.0 Estación Alameda Ramal Alameda Cartagena 7.0 Estación Pedro Aguirre Cerda 16.0 Estación San Bernardo 17.3 Estación Maestranza 20.8 Estación Nos ...
... in as much as it requires significant boundary spanning between Alameda Unified School District and the College of Alameda ... have worked closely with College of Alameda stakeholders to develop an ASTI Advisory Committee that meets quarterly to review school progress and address concerns ... Committee includes the President of the College of Alameda as well as the Vice President of Student Services ...
... On 26 September 1946 the Monterey arrived at Bethlehem-Alameda Shipyard in Alameda, California for refitting and return to passenger service with Matson ... For five years she sat idle in Alameda, then was purchased by the US Government in August 1952 ...
... The Alameda Science and Technology Institute (ASTI) is an Early College High School in Alameda, California ... Alameda Science and Technology Institute Location Alameda, California, USA 94501 Information Type Public Established 2004 School district Alameda Unified ...
Famous quotes containing the words office, sheriff and/or county:
“We need more of the Office Desk and less of the Show Window in politics. Let men in office substitute the midnight oil for the limelight.”
—Calvin Coolidge (18721933)
“The mans an M.D., like you. Hes entitled to his opinion. Or do you want me to charge him with confusing a country doctor?”
—Robert M. Fresco. Jack Arnold. Sheriff Jack Andrews (Nestor Paiva)
“In the County Tyrone, in the town of Dungannon,”
—Unknown. The Old Orange Flute (l. 1)