Agency may refer to:
- Agency (country subdivision)
- Agency (grammar), the cause or initiator of an event.
- Agency (law), refers to a person who acts on behalf of another person.
- Agency (LDS Church)
- Agency (philosophy), relating to action theory (philosophy).
- Agency (sociology), the ability of social actors to make independent choices.
- Advertising agency, a service business dedicated to creating, planning and handling advertising for its clients.
- Employment agency, a business that serves as a representative, acting on behalf of another.
- Free agency, the availability status of a rostered player on a team or franchise who is a free agent.
- Government agency, a department of a local or national government responsible for the oversight and administration of a specific function.
- International agency, an inter-governmental body.
- News agency.
- Moral agency, capacity for making moral judgments.
- Structure and agency, ability of an actor to organize future situations and resource distribution.
- Agency (film), a 1980 film starring Lee Majors.
- bond (finance), a debt security, in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), colloquially called "the Agency"
Read more about Agency: Places
Other articles related to "agency":
... Among the seven tribal agencies, Orakzai Agency is the second smallest in area after Bajaur Agency ... It is bounded by Kurram Agency in the west, Khyber in the north, Kohat District on the south and Peshawar in the east ... The whole of the territory of Orakzai agency is a mountainous tract dissected by numerous dry water courses, especially in the south-western part of the agency ...
... Agency, Iowa, USA Agency, Missouri, USA Agency, Montana, USA. ...
... The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is a governmental agency belonging to Government of India that jointly serves as a criminal investigation body, national security agency ... The CBI is a premier investigating police agency in India ... It is also the nodal police agency in India which coordinates investigation on behalf of Interpol Member countries ...
... A former employee of the organization, Mike Frost, claimed in a 1994 book, Spyworld, that the agency eavesdropped on Margaret Trudeau to find out if she smoked marijuana and that CSEC had monitored two of ... naming it “Canada’s most secretive spy agency” and that “this ultra-secret agency has now become very powerful”, conducting surveillance by monitoring phone calls, e-mails ...
... After a humiliating defeat in Waziristan, the Taliban fled to Orakzai Agency ... The army cut them in the west from the Kurram Agency, in the south from Kohat and in the east from Bara and started a three pronged attack, locals supported the ... Lower Orakzai Agency Village Jalaka Mela ...
Famous quotes containing the word agency:
“It is possible that the telephone has been responsible for more business inefficiency than any other agency except laudanum.... In the old days when you wanted to get in touch with a man you wrote a note, sprinkled it with sand, and gave it to a man on horseback. It probably was delivered within half an hour, depending on how big a lunch the horse had had. But in these busy days of rush-rush-rush, it is sometimes a week before you can catch your man on the telephone.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)