Final Regular Season Standings
Playoff seeds are marked in parentheses and shaded in green. No ties occurred this year.
|(3) New England Patriots||10||6||.625||427||285|
|(5) New York Jets||9||7||.563||348||236|
|(4) Cincinnati Bengals||10||6||.625||305||291|
|(6) Baltimore Ravens||9||7||.563||391||261|
|(1) Indianapolis Colts||14||2||.875||416||307|
|(2) San Diego Chargers||13||3||.813||454||320|
|Kansas City Chiefs||4||12||.250||294||424|
|(3) Dallas Cowboys||11||5||.688||361||250|
|(6) Philadelphia Eagles||11||5||.688||429||337|
|New York Giants||8||8||.500||402||427|
|(2) Minnesota Vikings||12||4||.750||470||312|
|(5) Green Bay Packers||11||5||.688||461||297|
|(1) New Orleans Saints||13||3||.813||510||341|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||3||13||.188||244||400|
|(4) Arizona Cardinals||10||6||.625||375||325|
|San Francisco 49ers||8||8||.500||330||281|
|St. Louis Rams||1||15||.062||175||436|
- a Baltimore finished in second place in the AFC North based on division record (3–3 to Pittsburgh's 2–4).
- b New England clinched the AFC #3 seed based on strength of victory (.450 to Cincinnati's .438).
- c N.Y. Jets clinched the AFC #5 seed based on better record in common games (4–1 to Baltimore's 1–4) after Houston was eliminated from the three-way tiebreaker based on better conference record (Baltimore's 7–5 and N.Y. Jets' 7–5 to Houston's 6–6).
- d Baltimore clinched the AFC #6 seed based on conference record (Baltimore's 7–5 to Houston's 6–6).
- e Dallas won the NFC East based on the head-to-head sweep over Philadelphia.
- f Green Bay clinched the NFC #5 seed based on common games (4–1 to Philadelphia's 3–2).
- g Pittsburgh did not qualify as a Wild Card based on the first tiebreaking step for three or more clubs which reads, "Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to Step 2".
Read more about this topic: 2009 National Football League Season
Other articles related to "final regular season standings, regular":
... spot, y - clinched division title, b - clinched best regular season record, z - clinched best conference record, e - eliminated from playoff contention ...
Famous quotes containing the words season, final and/or regular:
“Let us have a good many maples and hickories and scarlet oaks, then, I say. Blaze away! Shall that dirty roll of bunting in the gun-house be all the colors a village can display? A village is not complete, unless it have these trees to mark the season in it. They are important, like the town clock. A village that has them not will not be found to work well. It has a screw loose, an essential part is wanting.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Parents can only give [children] good advice or put them on their right paths, but the final forming of a person lies in their own hands.”
—Anne Frank (20th century)
“I couldnt afford to learn it, said the Mock Turtle with a sigh. I only took the regular course.
What was that? inquired Alice.
Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, the Mock Turtle replied; and then the different branches of ArithmeticAmbition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.
I never heard of Uglification, Alice ventured to say.”
—Lewis Carroll [Charles Lutwidge Dodgson] (18321898)