Chronological List of Events
- 6 June 2008: David Rozehnal was sold to Lazio.
- 17 June 2008: Managing director Chris Mort stepped down as chairman and was replaced, as expected, by Derek Llambias.
- 24 June 2008: Richard Money was appointed new Academy Director.
- 30 June 2008: Stephen Carr, Peter Ramage and James Troisi left the club after contract expiry.
- 2 July 2008: Jonás Gutiérrez was signed from RCD Mallorca.
- 4 July 2008: Steven Taylor signed a three-year extension.
- 11 July 2008: Danny Guthrie was signed from Liverpool.
- 14 July 2008: Sébastien Bassong from FC Metz was taken on trial for a week.
- 14 July 2008: Emre Belözoğlu was sold to Fenerbahçe.
- 16 July 2008: Robbie Elliott returned to the club to work as strength and conditioning coach alongside senior fitness coach, Mark Hulse.
- 16 July 2008: Alan Thompson joined the coaching staff as new academy coach.
- 30 July 2008: Sébastien Bassong came one step closer to being a Newcastle player when a fee was agreed between Newcastle United and FC Metz.
- 7 August 2008: Arthur Cox resigned as assistant manager and returned to his retirement from football.
- 15 August 2008: Fabricio Coloccini became a Newcastle United player, signing a 5 year contract.
- 15 August 2008: Abdoulaye Faye was sold to Stoke City.
- 20 August 2008: Shola Ameobi's proposed move to Ipswich Town failed due to injury problem.
- 27 August 2008: James Milner handed in a written transfer request.
- 29 August 2008: James Milner was sold to Aston Villa for a fee of £12 million.
- 29 August 2008: Kamil Zayatte from BSC Young Boys was training with the first-team squad.
- 1 September 2008: Ignacio González from Valencia was taken on a season-long loan deal.
- 1 September 2008: Xisco was signed from Deportivo de La Coruña.
- 2 September 2008: Kevin Keegan was rumoured to have resigned or been sacked as manager but official statements from the club later denied those speculations.
- 4 September 2008: Kevin Keegan resigned as manager after several days of discussions with the board.
- 5 September 2008: Anil Ambani was again rumored to be interested in a £220 million take over and bring Kevin Keegan back.
- 6 September 2008: Chris Hughton was named caretaker manager following the departures of Terry McDermott and Adam Sadler.
- 8 September 2008: Ray Gooding was appointed academy scout joining from Coventry City.
- 14 September 2008: Mike Ashley announced his intention to sell club following a series of protests by Newcastle supporters angry at Kevin Keegan's departure.
- 17 September 2008: Mike Ashley was rumored to have snubbed a £200m. bid for the club from Dubai-based Zabeel Investments, instead demanding £481m.
- 22 September 2008: Keith Harris from Seymour Pierce was appointed to act on the potential sale of the club by the board.
- 23 September 2008: A Nigerian consortium was rumored to line up a £350m. take over bid and bring Kevin Keegan back.
- 26 September 2008: Joe Kinnear named interim manager.
- 9 October 2008: Tony Jimenez left the club to pursue other interests.
- 25 October 2008: Newcastle lost away to Sunderland AFC for the first time in 28 years.
- 28 November 2008: Joe Kinnear announced as manager until the end of the season.
- 14 December 2008: Newcastle United claimed their first away victory of the season with a 3-0 win over Portsmouth FC with goals from Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Danny Guthrie
- 28 December 2008: The sale of the club was called off by Mike Ashley.
- 12 January 2009: Peter Løvenkrands was taken on trial for a week.
- 23 January 2009: Peter Løvenkrands signed until the end of the season.
- 26 January 2009: Colin Calderwood joined as a first-team coach until the end of the season.
- 30 January 2009: Kevin Nolan signed from Bolton on a four-and-a-half year deal.
- 1 February 2009: Shay Given was sold to Manchester City.
- 2 February 2009: Ryan Taylor signed from Wigan with Charles N'Zogbia going in the other direction.
- 13 February 2009: Joe Kinnear underwent a triple heart bypass operation.
- 27 March 2009: Peter Beardsley returned to Newcastle once again to coach players at the academy.
- 1 April 2009: Alan Shearer was announced as temporary manager, to fill in for Kinnear until the end of the 2008-09 season.
- 1 April 2009: Dennis Wise resigned from his post as Executive Director (Football) following Alan Shearer's appointment as temporary manager.
- 1 April 2009: Iain Dowie was announced as new assistant manager while Colin Calderwood and Chris Hughton would continue in their coaching roles.
- 3 April 2009: Paul Ferris returned to the club to be part of Shearer's backroom staff working as physio.
- 24 May 2009: Newcastle United relegated to The Championship after a 1-0 loss away to Aston Villa.
- 26 May 2009: Alan Shearer was rumoured to be offered a new four-year deal by Newcastle United, becoming permanent manager of the team.
- 30 May 2009: Around 150 full and part-time employees of the club were expected to be laid off due to the relegation, including coach Colin Calderwood and Executive Director of Operations David Williamson.
- 31 May 2009: Mike Ashley reportedly put the club up for sale with a £100m price tag.
- 1 June 2009: A foreign-based group is believed to have talks regarding a £80m take over. Another group is also interested. Former chairman Freddy Shepherd is not involved with any of the groups so far.
- 8 June 2009: The club is officially put up for sale for £100m confirmed through a club statement.
- 12 June 2009: Several groups and consortiums are reported in talks with the club regarding a take over, including Singapore-based Profitable Group.
Read more about this topic: 2008–09 Newcastle United F.C. Season
Other articles related to "chronological list of events, list, events, chronological, lists":
... This is a list of the significant events to occur at the club during the 2007-08 season, presented in chronological order ... This list does not include transfers, which are listed in the transfers section below, or match results, which are in the results section ...
... This is a list of the significant events to occur at the club during the 2008–09 season, presented in chronological order ... This list does not include transfers, which are listed in the transfers section below, or match results, which are in the results section ...
... This is a list of sculptors - notable people who are known for their three-dimensional artistic creations (this can include artists who use sound and ... This list is incomplete ...
... Marge has been ranked highly in lists of the top television mothers of all time ... She was ranked first on Entertainment Weekly's list in 1994 first on Fox News' list in 2005 eighth on CityNews' list in 2008 and was included in Time's list of the "10 Best Moms Ever" ... In May 2012, Marge was one of the 12 moms chosen by users of iVillage on their list of "Mommy Dearest The TV Moms You Love" ...
... genera included in this family can be viewed on the following three pages List of Mimosoideae genera List of Caesalpinioideae genera List of Faboideae genera ...
Famous quotes containing the words events and/or list:
“The prime lesson the social sciences can learn from the natural sciences is just this: that it is necessary to press on to find the positive conditions under which desired events take place, and that these can be just as scientifically investigated as can instances of negative correlation. This problem is beyond relativity.”
—Ruth Benedict (18871948)
“Hey, you dress up our town very nicely. You dont look out the Chamber of Commerce is going to list you in their publicity with the local attractions.”
—Robert M. Fresco, and Jack Arnold. Dr. Matt Hastings (John Agar)