- On February 22, Ray Allen broke the team record for consecutive free-throws made with 72, eclipsing the previous mark of 71 by Larry Bird.
- With 7 blocks against the Milwaukee Bucks on November 7, Kendrick Perkins had the most blocks in a game by a Celtics player since Kevin McHale had 8 on January 9, 1987.
- With 22 points in the fourth quarter against the Toronto Raptors on November 10, Paul Pierce had the most points in a quarter by a Celtics player since Todd Day had 24 in 1995.
- Head coach Doc Rivers became the third coach in NBA history to win the Coach of the Month award for three straight months, joining Flip Saunders (2005–06) and Larry Brown (2002–03).
- Rajon Rondo had the first triple-double by a Celtics player since Paul Pierce accomplished it on February 2, 2005, in a win against the Indiana Pacers on December 3.
- With 19 straight wins, the Celtics recorded the longest winning streak in franchise history with a win against the Philadelphia 76ers on December 23, breaking the previous record of 18 straight wins held by the 1981–82 Celtics, and matched the fourth longest winning streak in NBA history.
- With a 27–2 season start, the Celtics were off to the best opening in franchise history and NBA history.
- The Celtics matched their 6th biggest win in franchise history with a 108-63 blowout victory over the Sacramento Kings on December 28, 2008.
- The Celtics lost four games in a row for the first time since acquiring Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.
- The Celtics recorded the most points in overtime (22) in franchise history, breaking the previous record of 21 set on January 2, 1963 against the San Francisco Warriors.
Other articles related to "records, record":
... September 27 - Time Warner agrees to sell back its 50 percent share of Interscope Records ... signed a three-album deal with Knight's Death Row Records ... October 23 - Def Leppard enters the Guinness Book of World Records by performing three shows in three continents in the same day, playing Tangier, Morocco, London, England and ...
... 1985 - Ostinato - (Splasc(h) Records) 1986 - Inner Voices feat ... David Liebman - (Splasc(h) Records) 1987 - Mamut - (Splasc(h) Records) 1988 - Qvarto - (Splasc(h) Records) 1989 - AA.VV ... (Fresu 5th) - Top jazz from Italy (Yvp) 1990 - Live in Montpellier - (Splasc(h) Records) 1991 - Ossi Di Seppia feat ...
... Michael will now record for the new label DreamWorks Records ... and becomes one of the best-selling independent records of all time ... The official end of Sarah Records is marked with a farewell party featuring live sets by many of the label's acts ...
... Scarab (1997) Imitation of Love (Goodfellow Records, 1998) No Blood, No Alter Now (Goodlife Recordings, 1999) Heaven and Hell (Triple Crown Records, 2000) Doxology (Facedown Records, 2001) The Revelation (Triple ...
... How to Make Better Love Split CD with In Ink Please (Fall Records 2004) Zurich mini-LP (Fall Records 2004) Bright Teeth EP (Fall Records 2008) iTunes only ...
Famous quotes containing the word records:
“In America, the photographer is not simply the person who records the past, but the one who invents it.”
—Susan Sontag (b. 1933)
“What a wonderful faculty is memory!the most mysterious and inexplicable in the great riddle of life; that plastic tablet on which the Almighty registers with unerring fidelity the records of being, making it the depository of all our words, thoughts and deedsthis faithful witness against us for good or evil.”
—Susanna Moodie (18031885)
“Although crowds gathered once if she but showed her face,
And even old mens eyes grew dim, this hand alone,
Like some last courtier at a gypsy camping-place
Babbling of fallen majesty, records whats gone.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)