- Athena starring Jane Powell, Debbie Reynolds, Edmund Purdom and Vic Damone
- Carmen Jones
- Casanova's Big Night starring Bob Hope
- Deep in My Heart starring José Ferrer
- French Cancan starring Jean Gabin and María Félix
- The French Line starring Jane Russell
- Living It Up starring Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis and Janet Leigh
- Lucky Me starring Doris Day, Robert Cummings and Phil Silvers
- New Faces
- Red Garters starring Rosemary Clooney, Jack Carson and Guy Mitchell
- Rhapsody starring Elizabeth Taylor
- River of No Return starring Marilyn Monroe
- Rose Marie starring Ann Blyth and Howard Keel
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers starring Jane Powell, Howard Keel and Julie Newmar.
- A Star Is Born
- The Student Prince starring Ann Blyth and Edmund Purdom with Mario Lanza dubbing for Purdom.
- There's No Business Like Show Business
- Top Banana (film) starring Phil Silvers
- White Christmas starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen
Read more about this topic: 1954 In Music
Other articles related to "musical films, musicals, film, films, musical, musical film":
... Musicals tend to show an inside view of Hollywood and the production of a show making musicals self-reflexive ... up from a musician to the lead in a Hollywood film, thus showing social mobilization within Hollywood during the early stages of films ... in which is boo-ed before it is even released to the public because the challenge of the films director is to switch the cast from non-verbal communication films to verbal ...
... in the Bathtub and Lady Luck Brunswick From the film The Show of Shows ... and Phil Ohman Orchestra Why? and It's You I Love Victor From the 1929-30 Broadway musical Sons o' Guns ... Vallee Orchestra A Little Kiss Each Morning and I'll Be Reminded Of You Victor From the musical film starring Rudy Vallee The Vagabond Lover ...
... The film was shot in Natural Vision, a process that was co-created and controlled by M ... The film starred Robert Stack, Barbara Britton and Nigel Bruce ... Because the features utilized two projectors, a capacity limit of film being loaded onto each projector (about 6,000 feet (1,800 m), or an hour's worth of film) meant that an intermission was necessary for ...
... by Ira Gershwin), as well as accompaniment music for silent film 1931 - Delicious (lyrics by Ira Gershwin) 1937 - Shall We Dance (lyrics by Ira Gershwin) 1937 - A Damsel in Distress (lyrics by Ira Gershwin) 1938 ...
Famous quotes containing the words films and/or musical:
“Right now I think censorship is necessary; the things theyre doing and saying in films right now just shouldnt be allowed. Theres no dignity anymore and I think thats very important.”
—Mae West (18921980)
“There was something refreshingly and wildly musical to my ears in the very name of the white mans canoe, reminding me of Charlevoix and Canadian Voyageurs. The batteau is a sort of mongrel between the canoe and the boat, a fur-traders boat.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)