- The Boys From Syracuse (Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart) – Broadway production opened at the Alvin Theatre on November 23 and ran for 235 performances
- Great Lady Broadway production opened at the Majestic Theatre on December 1 and ran for only 20 performances
- Maritza aka Countess Maritza, London production opened at the Palace Theatre on July 6
- Hellzapoppin', Broadway revue opened at the 46th Street Theatre on September 22 and ran for 1404 performances
- I Married An Angel, Broadway production opened at the Sam S. Shubert Theatre on May 11 and ran for 338 performances
- Knickerbocker Holiday, Broadway production opened at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on October 19 and ran for 168 performances
- Leave It to Me!, Broadway production opened at the Imperial Theatre on November 9 and ran for 291 performances
- Nine Sharp, London production opened at The Little Theatre on January 26 and ran for 405 performances
- Operette, London production opened at His Majesty's Theatre on March 16
- Right This Way, Broadway production opened at the 46th Street Theatre on January 5 and ran for 14 performances
- Sing Out The News, Broadway revue opened at the Music Box Theatre on September 24 and ran for 105 performances
- These Foolish Things London revue opened at the Palladium on September 29
- You Never Know, Broadway production opened at the Winter Garden Theatre on September 21 and ran for 78 performances
Read more about this topic: 1938 In Music
Other articles related to "musical theater, musical, theater":
... Heisler met composer Zina Goldrich at a musical theater workshop in 1992, and they have been working together since 1993 ... Working with composer Goldrich, Heisler created the musical Adventures in Love — book by Shari Simpson and Charlie Shanian — which premiered in St ... women were chosen to be among the first 12 participants in a program from Musical Theater Works designed to support new musical theater talent while they developed new works for the organization to produce, with ...
... sheet music, plays and libretti, radio interviews, videotapes, musical theater recordings, the Legacy Oral History program, theatrical design research materials, costume and ... Ethnic Dance Festival, San Francisco Municipal Chorus, San Francisco Musical Club, San Francisco Opera, Stern Grove Festival, and others ... the Museum’s exhibitions, and existing major holdings such as sheet music and musical theater ...
... The Junior University Musical Theater (also known as Junior University of San Bernardino, Inc.) began in 1962 as a children's summer activity in the backyard of Robert and ... Since 1963, Junior University's musical shows have been original adaptations of familiar children's stories adapted and scored by the late William R ... Dixon received the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Inland Theater League for his contribution to musical theater and was saluted by the California Senate, the County of San Bernardino, and the ...
... Best Musical Theater Album Previously awarded Best Sound Track Album or Recording of Original Cast From a Motion Picture or Television ...
Famous quotes containing the words theater and/or musical:
“The Miss America contest is ... the most perfectly rendered theater in our culture, for it so perfectly captures what we yearn for: a low-class ritual, a polished restatement of vulgarity, that wants to open the door to high-class respectability by way of plain middle-class anxiety and ambition.”
—Gerald Early (b. 1952)
“I was with Hercules and Cadmus once,
When in a wood of Crete they bayed the bear
With hounds of Sparta: never did I hear
Such gallant chiding; for besides the groves,
The skies, the fountains, every region near
Seemed all one mutual cry. I never heard
So musical a discord, such sweet thunder.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)