- Carefree starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
- Champagnegaloppen starring Svend Methling and Valdemar Møller.
- Cocoanut Grove starring Fred MacMurray, Harriet Hilliard, Ben Blue and Eve Arden.
- Cowboy from Brooklyn starring Dick Powell and Priscilla Lane
- Doctor Rhythm starring Bing Crosby, Mary Carlisle and Beatrice Lillie.
- Freshman Year starring Constance Moore, William Lundigan and Dixie Dunbar. Directed by Frank McDonald.
- The Girl Of The Golden West starring Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy
- Going Places starring Dick Powell, Anita Louise, Allen Jenkins and Ronald Reagan and featuring Louis Armstrong and Maxine Sullivan
- Gold Diggers in Paris starring Rudy Vallee, Rosemary Lane, Hugh Herbert and Allen Jenkins. Directed by Ray Enright.
- The Great Waltz released November 4 starring Luise Rainer and Miliza Korjus. Oscar Hammerstein II contributed new English lyrics to the music of Johann Strauss II
- Happy Landing starring Sonja Henie, Don Ameche and Ethel Merman and featuring the Raymond Scott Quintet
- Hold That Co-ed starring John Barrymore, George Murphy and Joan Davis
- It's in the Air starring George Formby, Polly Ward and Jack Hobbs. Directed by Anthony Kimmins.
- Joy of Living starring Irene Dunne and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
- Kicking the Moon Around starring Bert Ambrose, Evelyn Dall, Harry Richman and Florence Desmond.
- La Valentina starring Jorge Negrete and Esperanza Baur
- Love Finds Andy Hardy starring Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland
- Mad About Music starring Deanna Durbin. Directed by Norman Taurog.
- Madreselva starring Hugo del Carril and Libertad Lamarque
- My Lucky Star starring Sonja Henie, Richard Greene, Joan Davis and Art Jarrett
- Outside of Paradise starring Phil Regan and Penny Singleton
- Radio City Revels released February 11 starring Bob Burns, Jack Oakie and Kenny Baker and featuring Jane Froman performing with Hal Kemp's orchestra.
- Romance in the Dark starring Gladys Swarthout, John Boles, John Barrymore and Claire Dodd. Directed by H. C. Potter.
- Sally, Irene and Mary starring Alice Faye, Tony Martin, Fred Allen, Jimmy Durante, Joan Davis and Marjorie Weaver
- Sing You Sinners starring Bing Crosby, Fred MacMurray and Donald O'Connor.
- The Singing Cop starring Keith Falkner, Marta Labarr, Ivy St Helier and Bobbie Comber
- Start Cheering released March 3 starring Jimmy Durante, Gertrude Niesen and the Three Stooges.
- Sweethearts starring Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy
- That Certain Age released October 7 starring Deanna Durbin. Songs by (lyrics) Harold Adamson and (music) Jimmy McHugh
- Tropic Holiday released July 1 starring Bob Burns, Dorothy Lamour, Ray Milland and Martha Raye
- We're Going to Be Rich starring Gracie Fields, Victor McLaglen and Brian Donlevy
Read more about this topic: 1938 In Music
Other articles related to "film, musical films, musicals, films, musical, musical film":
... The film was shot in Natural Vision, a process that was co-created and controlled by M ... The film starred Robert Stack, Barbara Britton and Nigel Bruce ... Because the features utilized two projectors, a capacity limit of film being loaded onto each projector (about 6,000 feet (1,800 m), or an hour's worth of film) meant ...
... Musicals tend to show an inside view of Hollywood and the production of a show making musicals self-reflexive ... Gene Kelly plays a man who works his way up from a musician to the lead in a Hollywood film, thus showing social mobilization within Hollywood during the early stages of films ... which is boo-ed before it is even released to the public because the challenge of the films director is to switch the cast from non-verbal communication films to verbal, "talkie" films ...
... in the Bathtub and Lady Luck Brunswick From the film The Show of Shows ... Phil Ohman Orchestra Why? and It's You I Love Victor From the 1929-30 Broadway musical Sons o' Guns ... Vallee Orchestra A Little Kiss Each Morning and I'll Be Reminded Of You Victor From the musical film starring Rudy Vallee The Vagabond Lover ...
... Gershwin), as well as accompaniment music for silent film 1931 - Delicious (lyrics by Ira Gershwin) 1937 - Shall We Dance (lyrics by Ira Gershwin) 1937 - A Damsel ...
Famous quotes containing the words films and/or musical:
“Does art reflect life? In movies, yes. Because more than any other art form, films have been a mirror held up to societys porous face.”
—Marjorie Rosen (b. 1942)
“Creative force, like a musical composer, goes on unweariedly repeating a simple air or theme, now high, now low, in solo, in chorus, ten thousand times reverberated, till it fills earth and heaven with the chant.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)