- Jean Absil – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1
- Alan Bush – Piano Concerto, op. 18, with baritone and male choir in last movement
- Aaron Copland – Billy the Kid (ballet)
- Hanns Eisler – Roman Cantata
- Hamilton Harty – The Children of Lir
- Roy Harris – Symphony No. 3
- Herbert Howells – Hymnus Paradisi
- Janis Ivanovs – Symphony No. 3
- Frank Martin – Sonata da chiesa
- Carl Orff – Carmina Burana
- Walter Piston – Symphony No. 1
- Silvestre Revueltas – Sensemayá: Chant for the Killing of a Snake
- Dmitri Shostakovich – String Quartet No. 1
- Ernst Toch – Cantata of Bitter Herbs
- Leó Weiner – Divertimento for Strings no 2
Read more about this topic: 1938 In Music
Other articles related to "classical music, music":
... conductor who devoted his life to the promotion of classical music in China ... Revolution it drew worldwide attention and signaled the reemergence of classical music in China ... Li believed that classical music was not rarefied art for the upper class but rather something to be enjoyed by all ...
... Chord (Latin Diabolus in musica – the Devil in music) and was banned by the Roman Catholic Church in the Middle Ages ... Composers avoided the interval, and although it is sometimes found in secular music of the time, it was used in religious music only in very specific circumstances until the existing system of keys came into use ... Highly virtuosic violin music was sometimes associated with the Devil ...
... Since microphones are not used in most classical music performances, the audition panel will be assessing the auditionees ability to project a strong ... In classical music, in addition to judging singing ability (e.g ... the appropriate diction and pronunciation of the major languages used in Art music German, Italian, and French ...
... Main article Music education Throughout history, parents have often made sure that their children receive classical music training from a young age ... Some parents pursue music lessons for their children for social reasons or in an effort to instill a sense of self-discipline ... Some believe that knowledge of important works of classical music is part of a good general education ...
1977 New Zealander Music producer, journalist G Kaushalya Bannerji b. 1956 American Jazz musician L Samuel Barber 1910–1981 American Classical music composer G Jillian Barberie b. 1973 Australian Politician G Jean Barraqué 1928–1973 French Classical music composer G Amanda Barrett b ...
Famous quotes related to classical music:
“The basic difference between classical music and jazz is that in the former the music is always greater than its performanceBeethovens Violin Concerto, for instance, is always greater than its performancewhereas the way jazz is performed is always more important than what is being performed.”
—André Previn (b. 1929)