- 24 January - Percy French, civil engineer, songwriter, entertainer and artist (born 1854).
- 20 March - Tomás Mac Curtain, Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Cork, murdered on his 36th birthday by the Black and Tans (born 1884).
- 21 May - James Plunkett, novelist, author of Strumpet City. (died 2003)
- 10 August - James O'Neill, actor, father of the American playwright Eugene O'Neill (born 1847).
- 11 August - Joe Murphy, member of Irish Republican Army, died on 76 day hunger strike during the Irish War of Independence (born 1895).
- 17 October - Michael Fitzgerald, Irish Republican Army member, died after 67 days Hunger strike at Cork Jail.
- 25 October - Terence MacSwiney, playwright and poet, member of 1st Dáil, Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Cork, died on 74th day of hunger strike (born 1879).
- 1 November - Kevin Barry, executed for his part in an Irish Republican Army operation resulting in the deaths of three British soldiers (born 1902).
- 6 November - James Gildea, soldier and philanthropist, founded the Soldiers', Sailors' and Airmen's Families Association (born 1838).
- 9 November - Daniel Gallery, politician in Canada (born 1859).
- 21 November - Dick McKee, Irish Republican Army member in Easter Rising, shot by Crown forces (born 1893).
Read more about this topic: 1920 In Ireland
Other articles related to "deaths, death":
... The main three are deaths per billion passenger-journeys, deaths per billion passenger-hours and deaths per billion passenger-kilometers ...
... total 10.18 deaths/1,000 live births country comparison to the world 153 male 13.3 deaths/1,000 live births female 6.88 deaths/1,000 live births (2009) ...
... Births and deaths before WW I Year Average population (x 1000) Live births Deaths Natural change Crude birth rate (per 1000) Crude death rate (per 1000) Natural change (per 1000) Fertility rates ...
... Virginia also ranks 21st among the states in the rate of premature deaths, 7,100 per 100,000. 2008, Virginia reached its lowest ever rate of infant mortality, at 6.7 deaths per 1,000 ... social health disparities, in 2010 African Americans experienced 28% more premature deaths than whites, while 13% of Virginians lack any health insurance ...
Famous quotes containing the word deaths:
“Death is too much for men to bear, whereas women, who are practiced in bearing the deaths of men before their own and who are also practiced in bearing life, take death almost in stride. They go to meet deaththat is, they attempt suicidetwice as often as men, though men are more successful because they use surer weapons, like guns.”
—Roger Rosenblatt (b. 1940)
“On almost the incendiary eve
Of deaths and entrances ...”
—Dylan Thomas (19141953)
“You lived too long, we have supped full with heroes,
they waste their deaths on us.”
—C.D. Andrews (19131992)